New S1000RR in Porto Portugal.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy

Reaction score
Here is my bike. These photos are the first day out on it (The only day I have had her out so far). I have ordered Carbon fibre front and rear mudgaurds, tank cover, and the bits to get rid of all that mesh look plastics, plus a tail tidy and some new levers. Work away from home so will be fitting them when I get back. Looking forward to getting rid of those chicken stripes too on the back tyre ;) Did about 160miles only and she is still limited to 9000rpm.... Will post more pics as the bike progresses. Think i will do all in Carbon fibre, ordered also some white reflective vynl to make my own Symetrical front fairing light stickers...

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Yep the stripes will go.... :p

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

Best Regards,
Troy...

Troy link=topic=290.msg2123#msg2123 date=1321801321 said:
Think i will do all in Carbon fibre, ordered also some white reflective vynl to make my own Symetrical front fairing light stickers...

Nooooo dont do it :(

Godzilla link=topic=290.msg2125#msg2125 date=1321803467 said:
Troy link=topic=290.msg2123#msg2123 date=1321801321 said:
Think i will do all in Carbon fibre, ordered also some white reflective vynl to make my own Symetrical front fairing light stickers...

Nooooo dont do it :(

Godzilla,
Not sure if you mean the stickers or the Carbon (or both).... Just ordered front and back MotoGrafix stickers . Didn't see them before and the look great in white and grey.
Hey If I don't like them I can always peel them off... ;)

I meant dont try to make the headlights look the same. But dont go overboard on the carbon either. Better putting you money into the suspension.

Godzilla link=topic=290.msg2128#msg2128 date=1321807645 said:
I meant dont try to make the headlights look the same. But dont go overboard on the carbon either. Better putting you money into the suspension.

Oi !! nothing the matter with a bit of CF 8) ;)

I have to say Mick's carbon beast does look the mutts, however I like the lights as they are - Unique and sexy IMO, but is is late and I am needing my Z's lol

I would agree with Godzilla on the sussy upgrade , them front ohlins look the nuts.
Would definately get some CF wheels if i was rich though

I'm not a lover of the un even headlights to be honest :eek: I just don't understand why they have not made them the same. But if you cover over one with vinyl be careful you don't upset the beam unless your only going to be riding her during the day of course :)

rhanmore link=topic=290.msg2154#msg2154 date=1321892436 said:
I'm not a lover of the un even headlights to be honest :eek: I just don't understand why they have not made them the same. But if you cover over one with vinyl be careful you don't upset the beam unless your only going to be riding her during the day of course :)

The high beam is smaller to save weight, apparently. Function over form, like the rest of the bike. But its asymmetrical in lots of other ways as well. part of the reason I like it :)

And they wanted to capture the spirit of an endurance racer. I like it and you know when ones coming up behind.

Your money would be better spent on getting rid of that hideous cat and putting on a full system

Back