How much should I be paying for a second hand set of BST Carbon Wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopper

Reaction score
Hi guys

Been offered a set of second hand carbon fiber wheels. I would be buying the wheels from a friend so know they are good, no cracks, splits etc.

Just wondering how much I should be paying. New with all the bits ill be looking at about £2,700. I'm thinking I should be paying at least half.. If not £1500 maximum.

What do you guys think ?

I was thinking about £1500 tbh. He wants my spare set of wets and £700.

I think it's a bit much tbh. I don't mind £500. Anything more than that is just a bit too much

I bought a set that included all discs and about 5 rear sprockets. 3 Brand new sets of slicks and one part worn set.
£1700

That's a good price mate. Even if he was after 600 + one set of my wheels I'd still say no. Maybe it's me just being a bit tight. Not worth more than £1500 IMHO

He wants £700,you think £500-give him £600-job done!

Resale value,you would still get your money back.

And they will transform your bike.Don't be so tight,Russ.

A set with the ceramic bearings fitted went for about £1800 on the bay, they would have been circa £3K normally. I would say you normally pay 2/3 of new price, to sell them at half price would be a give away I reckon. :)

If I felt I REALLY needed them, I'd buy them in a heart beat. I think I'll let these ones slide.

S1000rr wheels are worth a bag of sand, with all the discs and sensors, but i would not let the carbons them slip by, they don't come round too often. If you decide not to have them. let me know i would be interested in a having a punt.

Back