Hp4 sump corrosion

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farebro

Reaction score
Hi all

Any hp4 owners having the same problems?? I have a 2011 and just had 3rd sump fitted

My 11 standard corroded after 6 months. Some of the 12's even quicker

I think he does mean a standard bike :)
however i am almost certain you posh blokes will start to see the same shit with the sump , after mine was replaced i have always made sure its covered with ACF 50.......chinky white metal nonsense

lol-Posh blokes, no mate just more finance payments :sneakiness:, sump corrosion that`s not good, I`ll make sure I put some ACF 50 on thanks for the tip....

Think im gonna check my 2012 model later, where are they corroding is it by the sump plug?????

Just because its cheap and nasty metal, which isn't treated or galvanised properly.

Also had my radiator and oil cooler changed due to corrosion, plus front brake lines, and all the bolts etc at the front......

But the bike is still awesome and I am happy to have it..... It's just that I am used to Honda quality.....

This has got me worried, I will try and check mine as soon as I can. I purchased my bike in a private sale, it's a 2011 do I have a warranty?

Warranty is 2 years mate, so you may still be ok you'll have to check what month it was first sold

17/05/2011. F****** TYPICAL!! Just been on the phone to a local dealer, even tho I've just bought it (privately) I'm tempted to px on a 2012, then I have warranty... What does everyone think?

Extend the warranty if you can with BMW, i think the going rate is £300 or thereabouts.

i asked the dealer the extended warranty does not cover corrosion thats what they say

Last edited:
i asked the same question, the answer i got was they MAY do it as it seems to be a popular issue and a bit of a design fault. at the very least you can call customer services and they should pay some of the bill

Back