HP4 -fitted with Pirelli super corsa sp Tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor strange Luv

Reaction score
I got my HP4 in March ( of which I love) and have now done 1500 miles on it. As you will probably know the bike comes with Pirelli Super Corsa sp 200/55 zr 17 back and 120/70 zr 17 front. In the time I`ve had the bike I don't seem to have 100% confidence in the tyres, Is it just me???. My previous bike which was a 2011 R1 I had a variety of tyres including Michelin pilot power pure and power 2ct which I was happy with although the tyre size 190/70 rear. When the Pirellis do need changing has any one any suggestions to what I could try as there doesn't seen a lot of choice in 200/55 size.

Try playing with your tyre pressures before changing tyres. Nothing wrong with Super Corsas at all

I have been thinking the same but have to admit that on the road and track tyres have been excellent so far. I gather that Pirelli will be coming out with some Rosso Corsas soon and Conti with Street Attacks in the 200 ZR 55 rear size. Time will tell.

I've changed mine to the new dunlop d212 gp pro, amazing tyres but don't know how long they will last.

Yes road legal, they warm up very easily on road use even on cold roads. I'm using them mainly for track and occasional road use.

Read lots of reports on the net since asking this question, I`ve been told Michelin power super sport are a good tyre but don`t come in a 200/55 its a 190/55, also Michelin pilot power road 3? are also good. Another s1000 site says "Australia BMW" have advised only Pirelli super corsa sp should be used due to the traction control set up and if any other tyre is used the traction may have to be altered, anyone else heard of this? . Hopper did make a good point re tyre playing with your pressures, I still don't have as much confidence in the Pirellis as I did the Michelin pure and 2ct I had on my R1. I don't tend to do track days so Im looking for a reasonable lasting good fast road tyre that is also good in the wet and don't feel the super corsa sp is that good in the wet. I used to get about 4000 miles from my pilot pure. Further advise/thoughts welcome/ what have other fitted (not pure track focused) to a HP4 that are good

Tyre size for HP4 has caused a big debate especially on USA forum, I asked BMW for advice they have a list of tyres they recommend for road use including 195x55 . I took it further and asked them which slick, they replied ask my dealer, in the end spoke to guys at park lane BMW, anything the ECU's will work out everything as there is a tolerance for different tyres, I'm running 200x60 slicks with no issues at all, park lane said that last year guys ran 16.5" back wheels on stock ECU's

Thanks Kls, that's really helpful advice, did BMW send you the recommended list for road use HP4 tyres, if not do you know where I can find it, thanks again for the advice

Still had no reply from Michelin yet however, BMW recommend the following tyres for the HP4 and wondered what other think?
Bridgestone BT016 pro
Continental Sports Attack 2
Metzeler Rentec Interact K3
Pirelli Diablo super corsa SP-c
I don't do tack days but like to ride fast road, go to rallies and ride in the wet.
as per previous messages I currently have the Pirelli super corsa fitted but I understand there not good in the wet! What are the Brigeston, Continental, and Metzlers like for handling,wear and good in wet weather? Any information welcome.

Back