Steering dampner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Docta13

THE BEAST
Reaction score
As the title says can I stiffen it up or would it be best just to change it? Find it a bit wobbly at pace I had a revalved ohlins on my zx10 and it was nice and stiff what do ya think lads?

Docta13 link=topic=268.msg1940#msg1940 date=1320523938 said:
Neither is too loose mate

Agreed, but too loose is preferable to too stiff imho

Im not sure if it can't be adjusted or not as I don't own one to know. If not and you feel it's a bit light then maybe an aftermarket one is your next option. I didn't like steering dampers and did have one till my r1 as I felt that they took away some of the feel of what the front tyre was doing. But they are life savers and allow you to take the piss really on the throttle without even knowing that they are working for you. Maybe an ohlins one should be on your Xmas list ;)

think the bikes crying out for a stiffer damper , either ohlins if u are loaded or maybe a bitubo which are cheaper.
I would prefer it to be stiffer rather than looser :eek:

Stiffer here! Seems quite mad tho, that on a bike this advanced not to have a adjustable steering damper.

Defo needs a stiffer one, i went bitubo 'cos there were reports of ohlins letting go and jamming the steering (think one was godzilla) Find it perfectly adequate. If you have it too stiff, instead of headshake sorting itself out it can transfer the shake through the whole bike.....

Back