Hi from north of the border.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porridgewog

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hey,

I've been on the US forum for a few years and never new there was a uk forum so I'm officially defecting here.

Story so far:

2010 Thunder grey S1000RR sports, usual additions I wont list except for the PCV and akra shorty. Written off by a friendly Corsa driver in 2012.

Replaced with a 2012 Red and white S1000RR sports, transferred all my additions and am a big fan of heated grips!

Not into track days but went to the Nurburgring last year with a mate on a busa and had a fantastic time (left him waaay behind on the track:friendly_wink:)

As of today I also had my bike custom mapped which didn't have as much gain as my 2010. My old one topped 197 bhp while my current one hit 190 bhp, go figure? :dread:

However as I'llprobably never use any of that anyway it makes no difference to me regardless.

Favourite road, the A82 up Lomondside all the way to Fort William. Hopefully will get back to Europe again some time but it won't be this year and I think I'll hang around the Black Forest area of Germany.

Anywaym nice to be here and keep the rubber side down!

Hi Buddy
Down here on the south coast we just pose around on our beemers in shorts and flip flops and sip shandy :)

Welcome

Hello and welcome to the Forum, I wanted heated grips when I bought my 2010 new back in errrrr 2010. Great addition, enjoy!!

Welcome, i'm in Glasgow.
Seeing as you've done the A82. i highly recommend you go a little further and head for Aviemore along the A86. The A86 is the best road i have ever ridden on, Far better than the A82.
Fort William>Spean Bridge>Kinggusse>Aviemore

Welcome to the forum and nice introduction.

I'm in the Midlands so never run out of road - maybe not quite as exciting as the A82.

Best regards,

Back