Lights on Track Day

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickyC

Reaction score
Coming up to my first track day and have a question regarding the lights....

Does the headlight need to be turned off at the track? If so, is this done by pulling fuses (which one) and will this cause any other issues? If they are left on are there any issues I need to know about with regards to taping them up, due to heat etc.

What about the rear/brake light? Or with me being a novice maybe better to leave the brake light intact?

Any pointers will be helpful, thanks.

Yes, turn them off, and the brake lights, and remove anything that you can. If you are riding to the trackday pulling the fuses is the easiest method, but if you have access to a van or trailer then you a take a load of stuff off the bike before hand to save money should the worst happen. You dont need to tape the lights etc anymore as they aren't made of glass which saves the tape melting to them. As for which fuse, sorry i haven't done it myself as i have removed the lights etc to fit track fairings. Im about to go on my first trackday on the S1K next week. Cannot wait. Hope you have a great day, its the most fun i've ever had with my clothes on.

Agreed, it's not a requirement to remove them/tape them/turn them off. Just fold your mirrors in as they're a distraction.

Get some mirror blanks and take an Allen key to switch them in the day, it's also best to unplug the brake light under the rear seat so people don't use it as a brake market

Thanks for the heads up guys. The brake light may not be such a bad thing as I'm bound to be braking waaayy earlier than most lol! I've got some R&G mirror blanks so that's one box ticked, now all I need is the bike...... !

AJP_7303.jpg

Did Cadwell Monday just gone, as you can see I did it on the old R1 didn't risk the BM . Had a great , I'm only 12 miles from Snetterton but have to admit I prefer Cadwell.

All the above pointers are valid but to be honest I did Cadwell on the S1K at the start of the season with MSV, just fold the mirrors and off you go :0) You can plan for the worst but if your bike flips enough to damage your folded mirrors then the mirrors are the least of your worries ! Fabulous track, I love it.

Back