Vibes - hulk hand

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzy

Reaction score
Now I have had the bike for approx. two months and prior to its first trip away to assen I have only done a few miles, so it was its first real spin out for me, some may be aware that im not really loving such a top bike and having read a lot of issues since owning it in a short time im still willing to still give it a chance,

But on the run there and back I had so much vibration on my right hand it felt like the HULKS HAND!! I could just barley feel the brake lever clutch side not bad but the tingle was there.

new tyre fitted 36psi and ideas, like I say I have more negative feelings about this bike than positives and as killed it for me which bugs me as not had a new bike for a long time,and I see this been a money pit in time to come, but im trying to give it a go.

moan over cheers boyz.

HO! while riding on motorway the square clock - details JUST BLANKED OUT - ??????????????? ( ANOTHER -FK -SAKE )

I had the same , I fitted pro grips , different bar end weights , made a big difference.
You could also try and buy a family size bottle of " man up" off ebay...works a treat ;)

Heavy bar end weights help out a lot. I switched out between the stock bar ends and my throttle meister bar ends. Big difference heavy bar ends make.

lol, cheers didn't expect to be buying top of the range bike to then have to go out and re design/build the over rated the thing my self!
as for the MAN UP cant find any some ones got a life time supply lol

feeling a lot of vibration myself in the hands lately, still love the bike though

Straighten up ur backs and take a bit o weight of the bars u would be surprised how many people take to much weight on there hands

When I first had the bike in January I never noticed the vibration then had some other bars on for a few months and it was also ok , but now I've put the standard bars back on I feel the vibration ???, think im gonna loosen all the bolts back off and re torque them all up maybe that will help

I get some vibes through the foot pegs at about 8K (ton in 6th ish) but thats about all. The bike has been brilliant since the rear wheel swap.

Done about 150 miles today and the fingers were numb from the vibrations im going down my garage now to investigate further :-(

Straighten up ur backs and take a bit o weight of the bars u would be surprised how many people take to much weight on there hands

I have to agree, coming from a 1098s "good vibrations" was countered by using my legs to grip/support on the tank more and less weight on wrists. Massive difference in fatigue and riding style! Give it a go and see what you think.

Yet, I did change the bar ends on the 929RR and THAT did make difference, go figure.

I slackened the headstock nut and all bolts on the bars and top of forks then put a long bar down the headstockvto use as leverage to pull forks straight and retightened everything to correct torques and itdcdone the job, :) no more vibration

Must be bike dependant. Mine (11 bike), you can feel vibes, but it's not really a problem - the demo one I've got at the mo (12 bike) is worse for them though.

I’ve got exactly the same problem on my 2013 bike. On a long run, full day, I’m ending up with numb hands. It seems to be at its worst with the engine sat around the 4K mark, in any gear. I know its easy to knock it down a gear but if you are sat on a motorway for any length of time its nice to be able to leave it in top.
Can anyone recommend bar ends (make/model) that they know have worked?

Well, only my two pennies worth....

I bought some R&G bar ends, they're a little bigger than the standard BMW ones and seem to help it somewhat. Heres a link http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/BMW/S1000_RR/2012/BE0050BK.aspx#

Yet i do recall someone suggesting to loosen and re-tighten all the clamps to the right torque settings and that seemed to sort it too.

Cornish

I think R&G do two versions as well, from pics I've seen on the tinterweb. One (that I've got) which is the pure crash bobbin material and there's one that I'm assuming is heavier, made of steel with a crash bobbin end.

Yes, they are huge but look fine with the stock grips. However with my Renthal grips they look out of place, but I got over it real quick when I put the stock bar ends on, LOL!

Back