K3 racetecs & tyre warmers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Ok so here are the question(s)

I was going to try the racetec tyre warmers for a girrafe - then on their ebay shop it says: please contact us for road tyre heating specifications. which is cool.

Then on their website it says that they cannot make warmers for tyres.

Question is can you use normal warmers to heat road tyres in particular the K3's - The info supplied seems to suggest not.

Can anyone shed any light on this or has anyone used K3's with tyre warmers.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I have(and I know lots of people)used tyre warmers with K3s with no ill effects.IMO,the lack of heat cycles outweighs any heat hardening of the tyre.

If in doubt,after a session fit the warmers to keep the heat but only turn them on 15mins before your next session.Or,of course,you could buy temperature adjustable warmers and set at a lower temp.

Cool thanks Baz, was wondering why racetec would say that they could not make warmers for roadies - what would an ideal temp for k3's if I used digital warmers. 60/70deg C.

Iv used K3's with warmers with no probs at all. Actually not a bad TD tyre :)

Yeah the K3's - no one saying a bad thing about them. OK will grab some warmers.

Cheers

Obviously,track temp and your speed will make a big difference.Try them at 60C,get yourself a laser thermometer off ebay,don't back off after the flag and check tyre temps as soon as you get in.Maintain that temp all day and you only use one heat cycle.

As I said before,they don't seem to come to any harm with standard(80C) warmers.

Baz, you doing the open pit lane day at Snett. Be rude not to seeing as its on your door step :)

Ok just had a thought - I had a repair done to my new K3 rear after 100 miles by chas bikes. My mate has questioned the wisdom of using tyre warmers on repaired tyre be it a professional repair.

Any thoughts? or Advice?

Thanks

I wouldn't use a repaired tyre anywhere!

Hopefully Russ,haven't booked yet though.I'm still waiting for new calipers under warranty-not bad,leaking at 780 miles!

Just checked NL website-May 6th is sold out.So,in answer to your question Russ-NO!!

I'm sure I'll be skulking somewhere with a stopwatch!

Back