Lots of new members!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwobbler

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all.
I’ve just bought a 2013 S1000, moved across to BMW afteryears of riding fireblades. Got the bike from Allan Jeffries without everridden one!! Hope I’ve not made a mistake but I’m guessing there are a “few” onhere that will put me straight! And after looking at all the newbies to thesite in the last few months I’m not alone. Hope to take delivery in the nextfew days so am praying for the roads to improve a bit. I’m in Co Durham in theNE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all.
I’ve just bought a 2013 S1000, moved across to BMW afteryears of riding fireblades. Got the bike from Allan Jeffries without everridden one!! Hope I’ve not made a mistake but I’m guessing there are a “few” onhere that will put me straight! And after looking at all the newbies to thesite in the last few months I’m not alone. Hope to take delivery in the nextfew days so am praying for the roads to improve a bit. I’m in Co Durham in theNE.

Welcome buddy - like the way you've dived in without a test ride - there's commitment for you! Have you spent the last few months reading all the reviews and just thought 'sod it' lol?

Edit attempted to change the colour of your original post in my reply so all can read but failed - sorry!

Last edited:
The fireblade has been a fantastic bike, 27,000 miles in 4 years with no commuting speakes volumes. BUT - I've not read a single report that has not had the S1000 on top. There must be somthing in it - I'm about to find out!! I didn't see the point in test riding a bike when the weather has been so bad. I wouldn't get a true reflection of what the bike was like. If I rode the fireblade in -1C I would hate it!! Plus I'm lazy.

Welcome to the forum, think your going to love the Beemer, you might think its a bit gutless to start with but once you get used to it.... its more exciting than the Blades

Thats why i got a thunder grey, after reading all the reviews and checking out 1/4 mile times at Santa Pod i just couldn't resist the lure of knowing i had the fastest S1K available.

Thats why i got a thunder grey, after reading all the reviews and checking out 1/4 mile times at Santa Pod i just couldn't resist the lure of knowing i had the fastest S1K available.

Obviously that was before they put the MSport colours on test.

Mmmmm seems you are all misinformed, i have definitely never been overtaken by a motorsport coloured bike, although i do admit to being sat next to one at some lights for a short amount of time.

The sales man told me it was "fast" red - looks like I've been miss sold!
"gutless compared to a blade" is not what I wanted to hear!!:eek-new:

The sales man told me it was "fast" red - looks like I've been miss sold!
"gutless compared to a blade" is not what I wanted to hear!!:eek-new:

I wouldn't worry I swapped the fastest coloured blade 2011 Repsol for the bm
In fastest red and white colours just have to rev higher you won't be disappointed
Just think of all the money you will save on oil.

Ha! Yes my blade did run like a diesel when I first got it. 1Ltr every 1000 miles. Butto be fair to Honda this improved as I put miles on. When I sold it with 27K onit was using around 1 Ltr every 6K miles.
I’ve still not got a delivery date yet so looks like I’m going to miss the best weekend of the year so far.

Ha! Yes my blade did run like a diesel when I first got it. 1Ltr every 1000 miles. Butto be fair to Honda this improved as I put miles on. When I sold it with 27K onit was using around 1 Ltr every 6K miles.
I’ve still not got a delivery date yet so looks like I’m going to miss the best weekend of the year so far.

I wish I'd known that mine only just clocked up 4k was doing a ltr every 1k easy. Honda said it was fine but bothered me a bit. Could of saved myself a few quid. The blade had better mid range but I'm yet to get my s1k on the dyno. Just need to return from the states and get some miles on it.

The S1K gutless ha ha, that's funny... I guess if Phil was looking at the road and not the map book he may get it to go faster :highly_amused:

I am thinking to sell my S1 and get another fireblade. miss the power..............

Back