Hello from Austria

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d21e

Reaction score
I really like the design of this Forum, so I decided to join you guys :)
I am not from the UK, hope you don't mind.

Hello and welcome, what year is your bike and is it a S1000?

I dont think it matters where you live, as long as you love bikes who cares? :encouragement:

Hello and welcome, what year is your bike and is it a S1000?

I dont think it matters where you live, as long as you love bikes who cares? :encouragement:

Currently a Blue 2013 Yamaha YZF R125 (unfortunately)
but I'm looking forward to buy a s1000rr around november ;)

Wow that's a big performance difference, but i'm sure you know what your doing, right?

YES it is, but in austria you are not allowed to ride with full power anyway, you only have 48 hp till you are 24 years old, after that you can unlock the bike and have the full power!

How bizarre!!! Still i guess its better than CB 125 - although my Cagiva Mito was a hell of a hoot back in the day!!!!

To be honest if I was restricted to 48hp then there are bikes I would choose that would be much more fun in the twisties.

eg a 600 for a start, would be better/faster in the corners, also probably in a straight line too as it would have a lot less weight for its 48hp to haul around. Just imho, each to their own.

To be honest if I was restricted to 48hp then there are bikes I would choose that would be much more fun in the twisties.

eg a 600 for a start, would be better/faster in the corners, also probably in a straight line too as it would have a lot less weight for its 48hp to haul around.
Agreed I would choose a Honda RVF 400 (?) would be even sharper and lighter, but the guy wants a Beemer :motorcyclesmilieK:

Welcome, enjoy whatever bike you end up with. 48hp not too bad, still have fun with that. My money would be sunk into a supermotard I reckon. Wheelie tastic :0)

eg a 600 for a start, would be better/faster in the corners, also probably in a straight line too as it would have a lot less weight for its 48hp to haul around. Just imho, each to their own.

I talked to my instructor yesterday and I forgot to mention a major thing here, as I am doing the step by step license, first small bikes, then bigger ones, i can already get the full power when i am 20 years old, because you have a bit experience so you are allowed to unlock the bike with 20 years already, only if you are a total beginner you have to wait till you are 24 years old to have the full hp

so thats a pretty good thing for me

and i have about 9 months to think about that, maybe i am going to end up with a 600, but i like the s1000rr very much, its my dream bike
you guys are all so lucky ;)

Latest posts

Back