Newbie from South Wales

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewi81

Reaction score
Howdy all,

Just bought 2010 s1k in BMW colours. Loving it so far. Has a couple of mods as pics below. See a couple of familiar names on here from me current gixxerjunkies forum must be natural progression up to the BM lol! Always keeping an eye out for rideouts.

Cheers
Dewi from Sunny South Wales

20130321_134103_zpsfd394d69.jpg

20130321_134022_zps84bcdc53.jpg

20130321_134044_zps382cff75.jpg

Hi Dewi

Welcome, your bike looks familiar think I've seen it before.

Which part of Wales you from ?

Welcome and great colour choice - but cant believe youve allowed her to get wet!!!

Cheers guys from Caerphilly but the bike will have been a regular around Llandovery with the previous owner. Its quite a popular bike around here as people that I dont even know seem to know the bike!!

Tidy! Are there any S Wales organised runs from the forum? Otherwise might catch you around Brecon, Llandovery, Aber I would imagine?

lol that's the places I go for a run and probably everyone else in wales, I havnt heard of any organised runs but me and the other welsh fella on here KLS are doing a trackday at pembrey next sunday as long as the weather is ok why don't you give it a go also

Might come up for a look dude but probably to early to think about tracking this one yet. I aint even had decent weather to put it in to slick mode yet lol!

im a beginner lol, I only passed my test in sept. so im gonna take it easy

ye, lol I bought a 2012 z1000 naked in august to learn on then took my test in sept, and part exchanged that for a new s1000rr in January because I was getting to much wind blast over 120mph so wanted something with a fairing to tuck behind lol

Get booked in on a track day fella and you will learn more about you, your bike, your tyres etc in a single day than you could ever learn out on the road. ive been there and done it myself and im not suggesting this is what youre doing now but i quickly realised that blasting about flat out on the roads, trying to get your knee down etc is a mugs game and the ultimate costs are far higher too. Get on track and i swear it will be the best thing you ever did to improve your riding.

Good advise there hoops, that's exactly what my plan is, to learn how to handle the bike and get my skills up to make me a better rider and have fun at the same time :)

Great to hear fella. Cant say enough about how much track days improved my own riding - literally night and day. Personally i dont ride on the road now unless i really have the urge, all the boys are going out and the weather is perfect - but even then i ride with much more caution than i did years ago and im always glad to be back to my garage in one piece!!

Back