Hello all. Migrating over from another S1000rr forum

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jovie

Reaction score
Hi all.
Just joined up here because I was on the other S1000RR forum and even though there are a lot of UK owners there, it's mostly American so I hope this one will be more relevant to what I seek.

I have one of the earliest '10 bikes, light flywheel model. I've just realised it is already three years old. Didn't ride much last year for some unknown reason, but raring to go this year!!!!!!
Dreaming of my bike all the time, can't wait till it brightens up a bit so I can strip the bodywork, give it a good clean, service, MOT, renew warranty:disgust:etc.

But first- I've booked 8th March Silverstone BMW day.
Anyone else going?
I hope it will be worth it for what it's cost. Thats three whole tracdays at Snett!!

I am in North London, go to the Ace occasionally, ride out mostly by myself, mainly becuase I've seen too many people run out of talent when playing with others.

Bike history- always ridden since I was about 8, took a 6 year break (what?? that long?) and then got an SRAD 600 in 98 and haven't looked back since.

Very little UK track riding but great lover of the 'GREEN HELL'

last few bikes were GSXR 1000 K4, 08 R1, and then the best bike till the next best bike BMW S1000RR

Nice intro and welcome aboard
Is there any reason why you are doing the BMW day , like mine your extended warranty isn't worth a great deal so why not just do some normal track days......just asking ;)

Welcome fella. March 8th??? Assume that was a typo - so what date are you actually doing it??

Welcome to the forum dude, ditto got my bike in April '10 so early one too. :)

Nice intro and welcome aboard
Is there any reason why you are doing the BMW day , like mine your extended warranty isn't worth a great deal so why not just do some normal track days......just asking ;)

I don't know TBH.
I got the e-newsletter and had been toying with the idea for a while, mainly because I hadn't ridden much last year.
I had been thinking if it will be worth getting any specific tips from the instructors there and all the blurb on the motorrad site.
Well one morning I woke up, booked and paid for it then thought YTFDIDT!!!!!!!!
Too late never mind.
So I'm saving it to be my 1st riding day of the year, that way i'm a bit rusty and can pretend I've gotten loads out of it:disillusionment:

I'm sure there'll (is that a word?) be something to learn out of it.
It's the 8th April btw.

Snap!!! (but a little burnt out now).

Hello and welcome Jovie :Banane19: this forum suits us Brits much more as you will find out...

Phil
I think that's what burnt me out last year.
I had one mad day where I rode to the ring in the morning, did the evening session and as soon as it closed, filled up and rode back.
Iwas totally wasted after that and just didn't enjoy my ride after that.

Back