De S1000RR Newbie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

de2013

Reaction score
Hello All!! I recently just purchased a 2013 Red and White S1000RR. I had been riding R1's for like 7 years had a 02 and an 08 before I decided to cross over. I'm new to England and looking for a cool group of riders to ride with hopefully do some track day with some track enthusiast track junkies. Being in Japan we did'nt have tracks in Okinawa how there are in England so I use to always ride my friends Mini Bike on the little track we did have but I learned alot from those little things. Sometime I would take my 1000cc on there but that was a workout.

I'm from Mississippi but I'm based at RAF Mildenhall in Suffolk. This is my second time in the UK I was here from 04-08 and left and now back again. I rode primarily street but if I just paid $13K for a bike I might as well use it on the track of England. Most Brits are usually better than American riders so I'm looking to see what I can take back when I leave in 4 years time

Well you've got a superb track just up the road so it would be rude not to (if it every drys out of course)

Welcome fella - there are certainly a few track junkies on here, me being one of them, so let us know when you are thinking of booking a track day and im sure some of us will be glad to join you - im certainly wanting to get as many under my belt this year as possible - and i echo what unionjack said about the track on your doorstep - Snett 300 is one of my favourites.

Welcome to the forum dude, hope to see you on a trackday soon! :D

I would love to go but the guy at bmw said there is a limiter on my bike and that I have to wait 600 miles. Hopefully I can try to rack tgem up by the end on next month so I can get this thing in the shop

I would love to go but the guy at bmw said there is a limiter on my bike and that I have to wait 600 miles. Hopefully I can try to rack tgem up by the end on next month so I can get this thing in the shop
Got 250 miles on mine and still mindfull of breaking the engine in. Its always salty or wet or both so I haven't been able to get out on it and the bike is boring below 8k

Back