Sticky tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How funny - i have just been looking at these on eBay - there is a company selling them for around £123 i think - they "look" ok but having done some research i know that there are a few issues with tyre warmers that you need to be careful of - overheating/getting too hot and causing a fire, burning hot spots into your tyres and ruining them etc etc - i guess like anything in life you gets what you pay for - so im not sure if these being "cheap" by comparison means they are more likely to have issues??
Im also currently looking for tyre warmers myself and didnt really want to spend fortunes - but i may have to bite the bullet and spend that little extra and hopefully ensure more reliability. Ive been looking at Cap-It and CHR (Chicken Hawke Racing) tyre warmers. Im not bothered about having a digital readout displaying exact temps - i just want some that are reliable and do the job but not costing the earth.

Whichever ones you get you want the elasticated sides, some have draw cords which people have had wrap in the wheels while fitting/removing. I was looking at some around the £120 mark that had good reviews before I got some for my birthday.

These look pretty good for the money (pretty much the same as the uber ones)
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/tyre-warmers/bike-it-biketek-tyre-warmer-sets

Or you can spend a chunk more and get the Cap-it/CHR ones.

:)

What made you go for the Cap-It ones Chris? What are the pros and cons over other makes?

I didn't choose them, Sarah did :) but she does her research (good girl) and spoke to various places before buying some including Crescent Suzuki, who advised her the Capit sports were basically the dogs doodahs and good enough for racing, so no need to buy the higher models unless you were in MotoGP! lol

Last edited:
Got it - thanks fella - and sorry for repeating question elsewhere on here!!

Dont need adjustable temp just more than cold lol. Could be false economy but turning into a track bike is costing me more than i imagined so will have to settle for basic ones.

Dont need adjustable temp just more than cold lol. Could be false economy but turning into a track bike is costing me more than i imagined so will have to settle for basic ones.

I know exactly how you feel matey!!

I just got myself some 2nd hand diamond ones of eBay, should do the job

Latest posts

Back