Ilmberger Help

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alps Pacino

Reaction score
Hello Gents was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of what parts i actually need as its all getting confusing and my eyes are going square from all th esearching.

Basically i am after a bellypan for me bike and i'm guessing its the race 1 piece i need as i have a full system but standard bodywork so will need the one that requires you cutting the v piece near the oil cooler?

Now i though i had it sorted so decided to look at the tank side panels and they list 2 types road versions and race versions and i cant see what the difference is between them except the price and was hoping someone knew what the difference between them was?

I was also looking at the upper side fairing panels or badge holders as some people call them but the only list one type and i dont want to buy say a race bellypan race tank infills and then find out the badge holders are a different finish so they dont match?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers Mark

*no edit button. again.

The bellypans are road and race, one has a large gap underneath to accomodate the Cat, and the other is filled in (so the sides don't flap about)

This is where the bellypan has to be trimmed slightly.

20130119_132912.jpg

PS if you're thinking about buying the side panels then don't buy the front infils, they're already moulded into the side panels.

20130125_165909.jpg

Thanks for the help these are the 2 that i was thinking of but cant decide which one is the right on

Race

http://shop.ilmberger-carbon.de/car...ithracing-exhaust-bmw-s-1000-rr-racing?c=3121

Road

http://shop.ilmberger-carbon.de/car...-one-piece-carbon-bmw-s-1000-rr-street?c=3122

Those are the different types one is a racing one and one for road use the racing one says the v has to be cut and the road one doesnt but it has a big gap at the back where the cat used to sit and i think i read somewhere that it mounts to the cat which would be a problem as mine has a akrapovic full system on.

Also the tank infills are these ones but i cant see the difference between them except the price

Road

http://shop.ilmberger-carbon.de/car...-side-panel-right-carbon-bmw-s-1000-rr?c=3122

Race

http://shop.ilmberger-carbon.de/car...anel-right-carbon-bmw-s-1000-rr-racing?c=3121

If you don't have the cat you need the race bellpan.

the tank infils are the same mate, If you're worried then order the road ones.

IMO It's not cheapest to deal with ilmberger direct, Look on eBay for a company called BSmotorparts-UK they were always cheapest for me.

Cheers thats what i thought and will just have to cut the v piece at the front. The thing that was worrying me was that they do 2 types of tank infills but only one type of badge holder and was worried that if i bought the race infills and bellypan and the badge holders that maybe the badge holders would be a different finish with them being the road ones if you know what i mean?

Is there any difference in the finish of the road bits and the race bits?

Also which bellypan and tank infills do you have? As i see you have no cat on your bike but looks like you have the road bellypan?

Cheers for the help its much appreciated

OK Alps, I have the Ilmberger race belly pan fitted with an Akra full system. It fits over the V piece at the front. No need to cut.

Mines the race bellypan, The road bellypan has a huge gap underneath for the cat.

The badge holders have the front infils built in. They're all the same coating mate.

Just to confirm everything give them a quick email, their English is quite good.

Good stuff i think i will order the race bellypan but might drop them a mail and find out what the difference is between the tank infills cause they look identical in the pics but there must be some difference to justify the price difference?

Is the race bellypan shiny or is it more of a matt finish? Tbh i think i would prefer a matt finish then i would just leave the other bits plastic

What do you mean the badge holders have the front infills built in? What do you mean by the front infills?

I noticed that the side fairings have the badge holders built in if thats what you mean?

Cheers for all the help and sorry for all the questions, think its time to drop them an email and see what they say, i just dont
want them to tell me its the more expensive bits i need when i dont really

The badge holders are the bits that you are saying are built in ie the bottom pic, so if you bought the badge holders you would get the parts in the bottom pic only to mount to standard side fairings if that makes sense?

I have just had an email back from ilmberger and they basically said that they only do the badge holders in street and that the difference between the race parts and street parts is that the finish on the race parts is not 100% perfect like the street parts which leaves me a bit stumped with what to do as in do i buy the race tank infills and race belly pan which will fit my bike but might not match the badge holders which are street quality.

I am guessing they are being picky though as you have a race belly pan and street parts and they all seem to match perfectly dont they?

The quality and type of weave are the same, its the lacquer is a bit thinner on the race components.

No idea but thats what they seem to be called on the ilmberger sight from what i can remember.

Just got another email from ilmberger saying the only difference between the street and race bits is the race bits may have the odd imperfection in them where as the street bits are 100% perfect but nothing you would notice looking at them so i'm going to order up the race bits tonight if i get chance.

Just hope i dont get carried away when sticking me order in haha

Back