new boi

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fowler87

Reaction score
hey fellas getting the 2010 s1000rr this week thought id ask about the gremlins and what to look out for. also Hi im new lol

Welcome fella. I cant comment yet personally on gremlins so will leave that to those far more knowledgeable chaps on here! That said, it has struck me how many more issues seem to be raised with the newer model from what ive read??

thanks Ducky. hoops any owner experience would be good as i have not picked mine up yet shes hear Saturday
its the 2010 sport model
yeah iv noticed some recalls with stands on the hp4 but looking through reviews for mine is hard the net is rammed with hp4 talk

Recalls are
Side stand
Conrod bolts

Possible issues
Soft cams ( very early models )
Sump corrosion
Sprocket carrier play

The list is all bikes inc 2012 problems. Yours will be exempt most if not all the possible problems. I would not worry there are now bikes out there with 18+ k miles and going strong. All bikes have some issues inc Honda and Yamaha. Just enjoy the bike. Any scares come back on here there will always be someone who knows the score.

beamish your a good man hope she is all good mine is 2010 with 5k on hope she has been sorted or gone past the mileage of problem pic ups

All and any recalls will have been done on your bike fella. Did you buy it as an approved used BMW from a dealer? If so, you wont have any worries. Did it come with any extended warranty on it? If not, might be worth seeing if you can take one out just for extra peace of mind.

Hello and welcome, some bikes suffered a noisy rattle on start up thats not mentioned above, dont worry too much as your bike must be like new... good luck on picking up.

From others that posted on here a while back, I think it was valve rattle in the exhaust headers ..

please correct me if im wrong :indecisiveness:

Latest posts

Back