S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBeemer

Reaction score
Hi there.

Just taken delivery of a 2012 SKR and I am loving it (when weather permits) - it had to be a black one.

Unfortunately it is sat in the dealers while they scratch their heads trying to wotk out why it wont derestrict. I took it in for its first service and on the way home discovered it was still limited at 9000 RPM. The dealers cant seem to sort it at the moment. Hs anyone else had this problem?

welcome aboard
i think there was a post somewhere , that someone had an issue after the first service.
have a look about

Think the dealer swapped the ECU over to resolve it quickly! Welcome to the forum dude, hope you get it sorted asap! :)

Welcome fella and hope you get your issue resolved.

Off topic i know - but is it my imagination or do there seem to be a lot of niggles rearing their heads with the new model over the 2010??

Thanks for the responses chaps - its still in the dealers and I have no doubt theyll fix it...its just annoying. That said, I've been given one of their demo bikes whilst mine is in - cant fault the dealers, impressive service if you ask me.

Hoops - maybe youre right. I've already had the clocks changed because the milometer kept flashing and the left hand switch gear because it all jammed. I suppose if there are going to be niggles, I'd sooner they appeared whilst under warranty!

My last bike was a ducati and it was bombproof - the irony!

Switch gear is a known weakness on earlier bikes, thought they'd improved that by now. Interesting that your mileometer was flashing, usually that will only happen if there's a discrepancy between what the ECU has recorded and the clocks (circa about 3 miles). Might be linked to the restriction problem.

Hi there.

Just taken delivery of a 2012 SKR and I am loving it (when weather permits) - it had to be a black one.

Unfortunately it is sat in the dealers while they scratch their heads trying to wotk out why it wont derestrict. I took it in for its first service and on the way home discovered it was still limited at 9000 RPM. The dealers cant seem to sort it at the moment. Hs anyone else had this problem?

This maybe of no help but you should of gone RED/WHITE.

Back