Hi from the Highlands

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

German

Hi All,
I purchased my 2012 S1000RR from dealership in Sep 12, managed a few hundred miles on her and got a feel for things before the winter period arrived and looking forward to getting back out when milder weather returns.
Without riding being feasible during the winter months it’s provided an opportunity for buying additional bits here and there and currently swithering on an exhaust, but can’t decide on which route if at all I should go down i.e. Slip-on? or full system? And which manufacturer etc?
Having ridden/owned numerous litre bikes in the past and although not a slouch (by any stretch of the imagination) I did feel initially (lower revs) the bikes response was less severe than I expected even in slick mode, and certainly not as lively as a friend’s 2012 Blade (albeit with full system exhaust installed) with majority of my riding on ‘B’ roads was possibly looking at dropping a tooth at the front to improve things slightly.
Aside from the above queries, looking forward to being involved with forum.

Hi All,
I purchased my 2012 S1000RR from dealership in Sep 12, managed a few hundred miles on her and got a feel for things before the winter period arrived and looking forward to getting back out when milder weather returns.
Without riding being feasible during the winter months it’s provided an opportunity for buying additional bits here and there and currently swithering on an exhaust, but can’t decide on which route if at all I should go down i.e. Slip-on? or full system? And which manufacturer etc?
Having ridden/owned numerous litre bikes in the past and although not a slouch (by any stretch of the imagination) I did feel initially (lower revs) the bikes response was less severe than I expected even in slick mode, and certainly not as lively as a friend’s 2012 Blade (albeit with full system exhaust installed) with majority of my riding on ‘B’ roads was possibly looking at dropping a tooth at the front to improve things slightly.
Aside from the above queries, looking forward to being involved with forum.

I would take it on track or at least have a dry day or two before playing. Just my opinion but after a very slippy Cadwell session last sat I don't think chasing power is required, may be pc or a trip to hill top to 'straighten out' the power curve? I can't wait to be able to open the throttle and actually put the power through the Tarmac :0) bloody weather :0(

Welcome to the Forum. I have to agree with Beamish, do some miles on it first then decide.. It's always nice to put a full exhaust system on but what about the costs? not cheap! I was lucky enough to have the Akra can already fitted when I bought mine and it sounds the mutts nuts.. The Bike is plenty fast enough for B' roads...

Welcome to the Forum. I have to agree with Beamish, do some miles on it first then decide.. It's always nice to put a full exhaust system on but what about the costs? not cheap! I was lucky enough to have the Akra can already fitted when I bought mine and it sounds the mutts nuts.. The Bike is plenty fast enough for B' roads...

Fair comment guys, I’ll maybe see how things are after a few runs out on warm tarmac, certainly not looking to splash out unnecessarily.
On a possibly related topic, what rubber do you guys run? Mine appears to be fitted with Bridgestone BT016’s ….which seems strange as thought it would be wearing metzelers.

Blades are known to be very strong in the lower/mid range, so as mentioned earlier I would get a few more miles under your belt with the BMW before making any big changes. :) They can come with a few tyres from the factory, I prefer the K3's myself, but there's nothing wrong with the 016's either.

Back