Stop the press ... What's are ohlins fgrt811 worth used?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DangerousDave

Reaction score
So I have an opportunity to buy a pair of the gold forks, only they are the older 811 version - these are being phased out for the 202 which is what I had planned on splashing for.

So the questions are, a) what's a good price for them; and b) should I hold out for the newer ones?

Answers on a postcard

DD

/postcard

Are they new or used? Probably still worth somewhere from £1000 to about £1300 I would guess, depends if you can justify stumping up the extra for the newer 202 ones really.

Mmm, if they're a good price then it's always an option to get them serviced before you use them. :)

No where near as low as you suggested above, But it is something I want to get done before the spring - if it ever arrives.

I guess I'm tempted by the timing and no others coming up for sale in recent months. I wonder if ill be able to get a deal at the show at the weekend.

Nigel@Harris Performance is always worth a haggle with on Ohlins stuff at a show. :)

Other option is a cartridge kit for around the £1000 mark.

You still gotta sneak them through customs to get that price. ;)

God dam lack of edit...

As I was saying, add post and duty and they are not cheap. Think ill have to wait it out until a more reasonable priced ones come along.

DD

Its the add on's that are the killer. Import duty on Bike parts from USA is 4.5% plus 20% VAT to price so you are getting close to an extra £300 to allow for advertised price!

So I spoke to KIAS today just to settle my mind one way or the other. Their view on order of preference was 3rd the 811's, 2nd cartridge kit; and 1st the 202's.

Given that the 811's are inferior to the cartridge and cost more, I'll give the ones on offer a miss and spend a little more on some 202's - let's see if I can wrangle a deal at the show thus week.

Hopper, do you know of any floating about?

DD

Guess times are hard these days or margins are smaller, they used to be really good on pricing. :(

Back