Hello from London

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNCN

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

This looks like a good S1000RR resource, sold my GSXR 1000 K8 in December and am now looking for a new bike :) probably with a BMW badge on it.

cheers

Duncan

Ive just done almost exactly that - ive owned GSXR 1000's for last 10 years - faves being the K5/6 in Stealth Black and the K9 - i was running a K8 GSXR 750 on track last year and have to say i loved it but missed the grunt of the 1000 - i decided to go back to a litre track bike for this year and couldnt decide between an Aprilia RSV4 or the Beemer but after test riding both it was the BMW all the way for me - bought mine last night!!!

Welcome to the forum dude, hope you make the right choice as this is a nice forum to be on! :D

welcome to forum fella!!
did same myself,, traded in my K8 1000 end of last year,, that was my 4th gixer, Just didnt think the 2012 was good enough effort by Suzuki...:-(....havent had chance to do many miles on S1k yet,, cant argue with how good the tech n power is!....:)....cant comment on long term ownership as yet....

its a friendly helpful site mate so have fun!!

Rob

I am back !

So, I never went with the S1000RR....... in the 3 years (!) since I made that post I've been on subsequent GSX-R 1000's. Also had a dabble at club racing on a GSX-R 750 last year.

Both of those bikes are now gone, too long to wait until the new Suzuki 1000 comes out so going for a 2015 or 2016 S1K. Just trying to find one with forged wheels with the right bits and pieces on it.

This forum has been a good resource in researching the model (thanks all) and look forward to being able to contribute something back shortly.

cheers,

D

Back