akra full system baffle out.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_S1K_RR

Reaction score
I have just removed the baffle from my akra much better sound the bike still only has 650 miles on it will this cause any problems later on without fitting a pcv.
Also how many miles till you give it full revs?
Had it's first service so thats ok its just i hammered my blade after the first service and it burnt a lot of oil.
Has anyone gone for the gradual increase in revs and what are peoples thoughts on running in slowly or just canning it.

pretty sure the RPM is limited until the first service, I take it they've removed the restriction so it's safe to thrash now.

I take it the akra is just a slipon, and you still have the cat on? Not worth getting a Power commander just for a slipon mate.

It'll be a bit woolly but will not harm you're engine.
I've always used the go up another thousand revs with every tank of fuel.
I've got nearly 25k on mine & it has never burnt any oil!

Tim_S1K_RR link=topic=2051.msg18946#msg18946 date=1359567940 said:
I have just removed the baffle from my akra much better sound the bike still only has 650 miles on it will this cause any problems later on without fitting a pcv.
Also how many miles till you give it full revs?
Had it's first service so thats ok its just i hammered my blade after the first service and it burnt a lot of oil.
Has anyone gone for the gradual increase in revs and what are peoples thoughts on running in slowly or just canning it.
Bike mechanic friend told me that many of the Blades he works on have a high oil consumption rate :eek: Don't think you will have the same issue with the S1000rr

Back