fairings interchangeable between years?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul1098

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can fit 2011 track fairings to 2012 bikes? Can't see why it would be a problem but might have missed something important. What about seat unit?

tail section and undertray fit all models mate. ie.2012 fits 2011/2010. The seat also fits through all models, but the 2010 seat is slightly wider than the 2012.

this is a 2012 seat unit on my 2010 bike, but I still have the 2010 seat. Notice how it sticks out at the sides.

20130125_165953.jpg

Good to know that I can swop the seat units & tail section.
Anyone done this with the front fairing 2012 - 2011 or vice versa?

Everything fits straight on.
Only issue is 11 and 12 crash protectors are different.
However,'11 panels and protectors fit the '12.

The Alpha Racing crash bungs are the ones you want. Take a look on the Alpha Racing web site. Hardly stick out at all, reducing the risk of digging in and causing loads of damage

Wasn't so much the digging in as them transfering load. Been told that after some minor crashes some people have found cracks in te frame on the opposite side to the crash, assumption has been that the crash bungs have been causing this. All hearsay & never seen it myself but never been totally sure about crash bungs anyway.

Back