2010 & 2011 Model ranges - Anyone know the differences?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Rob. The only visible changes on the 2011 where the brake lever which got a gp style hole in it and the plastic guards on the sides of the swing. Some of the colours like acid green were only available in 2010. The biggest change was to the engine where they put in a heavy crank and lost the hollow cams.

You could get one from a dealer at that kinda money. Factor in its due a service which will be over £200.

unionjack link=topic=2040.msg18864#msg18864 date=1359301932 said:
You could get one from a dealer at that kinda money. Factor in its due a service which will be over £200.

If you get that for 8.5K I think you'd be laughing - lot's of nice extras..... I'd still be visiting a few dealerships though prior to putting a bid in.

Yeah I know, I've been speaking to a few dealers, but the stock they have are mostly standard, and they are generally 500 - 1,000 more.

I'm loving the rear sets on this bike, anyone know how much they are? also the Akra can, and BMW alarm,

Dealerships include a slighter higher premium though and mostly stock bikes. Cheers guys.

got to weight up dealerships price with warranty, plus having to add the Akra can Alarm and rear sets. against this bike with those parts and no warranty hmmm.

The rearsets are BMW HP items which are made by Gilles. They are ridiculous money from the dealers although there are some on ebay for £200. There are plenty of other options out there just as nice looking. They were giving away the Akra end cans free for a time. They are £700 new but they do crop up 2nd hand. Loads of bikes have them fitted. The alarm is worthless.

pgm link=topic=2040.msg18874#msg18874 date=1359321807 said:
Getting an s1000rr as well as an rc8r nice one.

LOL yeah, I wish, but unfortunately I've still not come across an RC8R at my price that's been looked after, been looking at both and to be honest side by side price for price the KTM does lack the same level of build quality, BUT and it's a big but (not butt) the RC*R s a much better looking machine.

For 8.5 / 9k any bike that fits my spec will do :) so far the RC8R's I've seen have let me down, I know my bikes.

Rob Jarvis Photography link=topic=2040.msg18875#msg18875 date=1359322472 said:
pgm link=topic=2040.msg18874#msg18874 date=1359321807 said:
Getting an s1000rr as well as an rc8r nice one.

LOL yeah, I wish, but unfortunately I've still not come across an RC8R at my price that's been looked after, been looking at both and to be honest side by side price for price the KTM does lack the same level of build quality, BUT and it's a big but (not butt) the RC*R s a much better looking machine.

For 8.5 / 9k any bike that fits my spec will do :) so far the RC8R's I've seen have let me down, I know my bikes.
We all have our own opinions on every thing and I don't think that the build quality is any better on the BM than a KTM , all bikes are now built down to a price and for example Honda build quality isn't as good as it use to be. As for looks the RC is an aquired taste but does stand out from the crowd! But not my cup of tea. :) :)

I agree with Parley about the build quality , unfortunately only the new RC8R's show a significant improvement , there's to many foibles with the old uns , although it is a thing of beauty IMHO
On the beemer . i think its way to dear , only the rearsets seem a decent mod
the can is cosmetic nonsense , and if he paid 16k for that he was duped.
I would have expected better mods for that money
I believe you'll get a 2012 for that sort of money or thereabouts

Back