Flashing orange light

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's disabled the ABS that's why his light is solid to warn him.

You can see the DTS light flashing at 43secs in the video as he's exiting the bend.

It should be the traction control but it seems to be on almost everytime the bike is leant over? Maybe there is a calibration issue due to the size of tyres he's using?

andybarsblade link=topic=1972.msg18087#msg18087 date=1358103054 said:
It should be the traction control but it seems to be on almost everytime the bike is leant over? Maybe there is a calibration issue due to the size of tyres he's using?

The reason it's on is because the DTC is working!

^ ^ I can't see what mode he's in due to the camera position, he might be in sport mode mode where the DTS is more sensitive than Race and slick mode.

lllN30lll link=topic=1972.msg18092#msg18092 date=1358103736 said:
^ ^ I can't see what mode he's in due to the camera position, he might be in sport mode mode where the DTS is more sensitive than Race and slick mode.
I'd bet my left nut he's only ever used slick mode. Who ever he is the guys a top rider!

baz link=topic=1972.msg18090#msg18090 date=1358103624 said:

The reason it's on is because the DTC is working!

Look from 5:40 on he's chilling arm up cool down and its still flashing like mad.

Tha
andybarsblade link=topic=1972.msg18091#msg18091 date=1358103689 said:
Yeah but it seems to be flashing with almost zero throttle?

P.S. He's one hell of a rider!

Thanks for the compliment!

I would say the DTC is doing its'job.If I used more throttle it would cut in more.As Hopper said,if you give it more throttle the light goes solid-but it also cuts harder.
You do need to be quite brave(or stupid)to do it in slick mode though.

Roll on the better weather-One day when my confidence is up I'm going to try it-if it all goes wrong at least the crash will be recorded!

That bike had the Badovini Superstock settings in the ecu.I always use slick mode.

baz link=topic=1972.msg18097#msg18097 date=1358105520 said:
Tha
andybarsblade link=topic=1972.msg18091#msg18091 date=1358103689 said:
Yeah but it seems to be flashing with almost zero throttle?

P.S. He's one hell of a rider!

Thanks for the compliment!

I would say the DTC is doing its'job.If I used more throttle it would cut in more.As Hopper said,if you give it more throttle the light goes solid-but it also cuts harder.
You do need to be quite brave(or stupid)to do it in slick mode though.

Roll on the better weather-One day when my confidence is up I'm going to try it-if it all goes wrong at least the crash will be recorded!

That bike had the Badovini Superstock settings in the ecu.I always use slick mode.
Can you explain me how does it look from your point of view? Do you just push it untill you feel electronics taking off the power or is that accidental? Talking about being brave, are you brave or faitlfull on this video? I know my questions sounds stupid but .... I met a guy on orange s1k who was as me in race mode but was much faster in the corners and he said he was pushing it full throttle in the corner .. every corner. He said yeah you can do it and TC will sort it out for you. I have seen many people who were not enjoying so much flashing lights are you are who crashed and I just wonder

HOW on earth are you doing it??

[/quote]
Can you explain me how does it look from your point of view? Do you just push it untill you feel electronics taking off the power or is that accidental? Talking about being brave, are you brave or faitlfull on this video? I know my questions sounds stupid but .... I met a guy on orange s1k who was as me in race mode but was much faster in the corners and he said he was pushing it full throttle in the corner .. every corner. He said yeah you can do it and TC will sort it out for you. I have seen many people who were not enjoying so much flashing lights are you are who crashed and I just wonder

HOW on earth are you doing it??
[/quote]

To be honest,I'm not brave-I just ride the old way,the traction control is just a safety device.I don't doubt you could fully rely on the traction control but it can be quite abrupt and if you bottle and lift it will launch you!
At the end of the day,I'm too old for falling off so I just try to be smooth and consistent and knowing the traction control is in the background gives you confidence, and riding a bike is all about confidence.

Think we may have got crossed wires here Baz i was talking about the rider in the video that eneasz posted, the Italian guy at Mugello racing a Panigale.

unless my laptop is out of sync the speed/sound doesnt warrent the tc working as it is? Does the light still come on if the lean angle sensor interferes?

andybarsblade link=topic=1972.msg18147#msg18147 date=1358187345 said:
Think we may have got crossed wires here Baz i was talking about the rider in the video that eneasz posted, the Italian guy at Mugello racing a Panigale.

Doh! Wrong thread!

From the rider in the video

"traction control flashes because the weather was bad (rain), and also because of the tires (Dunlop KR slicks 120/70-17 "front and 195/65-17" rear)."

Back