Tyre warmers...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to get some tyre warmers... Loads out there, thermostatically controlled, variable thermostats etc etc. Is there an optimum temp for tyres? (dry) Cant see the point spending loads if cheap nd cheerful ones will do the job? :-\

What ever you do, get the elasticated ones over the pull cord ones. Iv always found the cords get caught in the calipers and chain whilst removing. Can be a real ball ache

I believe HM Racing are doing a good price on Maxon elasticated ones at the moment.

I've only had experience with one type of warmer, Woodcraft. Got that one because it covered the wheel as well as the tire. Like the quick disconnect also. Only thing I didn't like was when wrapping the tire the connector eyelet hole was catching the fender as I rolled it on the rear wheel. Just had to make sure I pressed it down when putting it on.

Some of the warmers I've seen are horrendous prices :eek:, and not really sure if you'll see a big benefit over the £100 ish ones which is probably what I'm going to go for. :)

have had the £100 ones for years and they are worth it in my opinion. Just dont go and sit in the queue at your session , wait till every ones fucked off :)

Back