Cleaning your bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Firstly I want to say that I know that nothing beats hand washing a bike, but......

...its sometimes useful to use a hose to clean a bike, either to help get the bulk of the muck off or just to get into those hard to reach areas. I am led to understand that using a power washer at a garage is not advisable, as it may dislodge things (maybe on the lowest setting is OK?).

So....when I want to clean my bikes at home, I don't have access to a hose/water source, or electricity, so bucket and cloth is the only option. However, I noticed today that Halfords do a hand pumped washer (holds 8 litres), and there's another (e.g. http://www.whiteheads.biz/streetwize-portable-hand-pump-pressure-washer-swpw-630-p.asp) that holds 12l.

Just wondering if anyone has anything like this, and what they think of it?

Cheers

Rick

That looks ideal especially at £20. I never jet wash by bikes as even the weakest one will ruin electrics and bearings.

Looks like the perfect solution to your problem to me mate, you can test it on my bike anytime lol ;)

The odd occasion ive been caught out in the rain and picked muck up i have used a pressure washer. You just have to use a bit of common, use muc off or similar and rinse off keeping away from the dash, bearings etc, its ideal for those hard to reach places and ease off the pressure. Nothing beats a good hand jobbie tho :p ;)

12l pump sprayer looks pretty good and probably all you can do without access to a hose. I also use a jetwash when cleaning my bike, but am careful where I aim it as mentioned above. :)

Ducky link=topic=1940.msg17822#msg17822 date=1357594129 said:
12l pump sprayer looks pretty good and probably all you can do without access to a hose. I also use a jetwash when cleaning my bike, but am careful where I aim it as mentioned above. :)
+1

After cleaning your bikes cover it in silicone spray or gt85 as after the ride it clean up alot more easy and bugs and crap on the road wont stick and dry on hard ;)

Back