Traction control.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sockets

Reaction score
Has anyone tried winding the throttle all the way back to the stop while in 'race' mode and leant over past 45 degrees to see if traction control kicks in? (on the track of course).
I watched a video with a BMW rep going on about it - could be expensive if it doesnt work!
Yeeee haaaaa!

It kicks in before you get to full throttle-obviously depends on gear selected and how quick you are going!
Never tried just whacking the throttle open,I still prefer the traditional way-right wrist TC.

If you pin the throttle open leant over that angle then you are asking for trouble anyway! My common sense says feed in the power as you straighten up anyway if your at full throttle that leant over then you're in the wrong gear!! :eek:

Thanks for all the replies!
Great video by the way but only saw traction control light come on in straight line!
Most of you are missing the point what I am asking. ie: if you pin it back to the stop, leant over, coming round the apex (as BMW claim you can do) will the traction kick in and stop the rear stepping out.
Not asking for rider tips here chaps - just whether or not you have tried it or not! :D
Happy days!

sockets link=topic=1933.msg17656#msg17656 date=1357242302 said:
I watched a video with a BMW rep going on about it - could be expensive if it doesnt work!
Yeeee haaaaa!
Can you post the Video on here?

Nate Kern is a champion racer in America. JUst rides for BMW at the moment iirc.

sockets link=topic=1933.msg17683#msg17683 date=1357288206 said:
Great video by the way but only saw traction control light come on in straight line!

really?

tc1_zps90ef57d0.jpg

Nate Kern is not a BMW rep, and some of the stuff he says in not quite accurate,

Godzilla link=topic=1933.msg17718#msg17718 date=1357341906 said:
Nate Kern is not a BMW rep, and some of the stuff he says in not quite accurate,

Agree

Like the part where he says the anti wheelie is smooth or something like that. In my opinion the anti wheelie is bloody violent and dangerous, see the other post on the forum where the rider is coming out of the hairpin at Knockhill (its about bar shake but trust me the anti wheelie has it's part to play) this makes me very hesitant about trying what that dude was saying when cranked over. However to counter this when on the track at Knockhill there is a long back straight leading into the hairpin, more of a long curve and I can say that all around that curve the TC light is flashing (I think speed is about 120mph) and it doesn't feel intrusive.
If it kicks in and saves me fair and well, but I will not be actively trying to use it.

What about the ABS, anyone else find that intrusive on the track ?
Worth saying as well setup wasn't Slick mode it was one below....Race I think.

Regards
D

Yes, I went straight through Hizzy's chicane at Oulton when the ABS cut in and prevented me slowing down enough.

In race mode, you'll find the traction light stays on solid and not flashing if your on the gas lent over from apex to corner exit. Iv only done this progressively.

You'll have to be nuts to pin the throttle right back on a decent lean angle. As we have discussed before, the TC isn't that advanced..

Back