Hi from a BMW Newbie.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swyatt2170

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought I would celebrate my first ride out on my new S1000RR by signing up here and saying hello to you fine people. It arrived nearly a week ago now. Motorsport colours which I'm assuming is the fastest, but I wouldn't know as I've managed a measly 47 miles into my break-in period Crap weather has kept it in the garage but was dry enough today to put a few miles on it. Loving the heated grips.

Wasn't going to buy one until the new year, however got a great deal on a pre-reg and decided to throw in the Accessories pack for good measure. Although the dealer forget to fit the passenger footpegs... Hopefully, they'll be on soon after Christmas.

I'm going to try and attach a link to the pic. It's a bit wet after hosing it down when I got back (washing it after 47 miles! Record?). Can't be too careful with the road salt this time of year.

Anyway, here goes:

[size=small]
S1000RR_Side_zpsd897acb2.jpg
[/size]

Very nice, and welcome to the site mate.
Doc

Isn't It funny the amount of BMW bike owners that have BMW cars aswell. Lol

Thanks guys. Loving the S1K. Test rode a 2012 Blade and ZX-10R. Didn't shine to either. Looking forward to some track days when I'm feeling more talented ;)

The BMW car is my better-halfs 125i Convertible. It's the perfect car for her 2 mile round trip to work and back.

Welcome to the Club. Love the bike' obviously its the fastest colours by a long way.....
Funny was thinking of selling mine for a model with heated grips... but are they worth it????
Cracking xmas present to yourself....well done & excellent taste m8.

Bring on the good weather.

Nice looking bike that, but everyone knows that Thunder Grey bikes are fastest ;-)

My better half also has a 1 Series. 123d Great little car. Mega fast for a Diesel too..

divingdelboy link=topic=1901.msg17348#msg17348 date=1356343778 said:
Welcome to the Club. Love the bike' obviously its the fastest colours by a long way.....
Funny was thinking of selling mine for a model with heated grips... but are they worth it? ???
Cracking xmas present to yourself....well done & excellent taste m8.

Bring on the good weather.

If you have a 2012 without heated grips you can get them retro fitted, my bike did not have them fitted and was pre registered, when i did the deal I wanted heated grips dealer fitted them for the standard factory fitted price but that was to clinch the deal. i would guess they would charge around £400 normaly

divingdelboy link=topic=1901.msg17348#msg17348 date=1356343778 said:

...Funny was thinking of selling mine for a model with heated grips... but are they worth it? ??? ...

The heated grips I was in too minds about, however the bike came with them already fitted. I have to say, it wasn't that cold yesterday, but after an hour where the fingers started to feel the wind chill and the wrists start to ache a little bit more, I was glad for the heated grips. Had my summer gloves on for the better feel on the first ride of the new bike too.

Really pleased with them and would certainly recommend them, even it is just for the few times a year when you'll need them.

On a separate note, my 5 day complementary insurance just run out, so just sorted out my first year premium. Having a stiff Christmas drink now to numb the pain of parting with £650! BMW Motorrad offered me free leather and helmet cover and track day cover for BMW organised days. Shame they were closed today :( . Carole Nash sorted me out. though.

lllN30lll link=topic=1901.msg17358#msg17358 date=1356366639 said:
I've got a lovely carbon ilmberger bellypan for sale that would suit that to a T lol

The Abba Superbike stand I just ordered went down like a shit sandwich with "she who must be obeyed". May have to hold off further investment for a while. Well at least until I've cleared the credit card :)

lllN30lll link=topic=1901.msg17362#msg17362 date=1356371894 said:
arrggghhhh I've got one of those spare too lol

Dammit! My family aren't far from you either. Know Stoke well. Some relatives still in Hanley, Tunstall, Biddulph.

Note to self: Check site classifieds before parting with cash lol

phil link=topic=1901.msg17506#msg17506 date=1356775691 said:
Welcome along and enjoy the ride ;D

You 'Married' guys make me smile ;D ;D ;D

Don't let it happen to you. One minute you're deciding between a 1 piece or 2 piece race suit, the next you're picking girly paint schemes for the new master bedroom. Save yourself!

Back