Taylor made exhaust?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divingdelboy

Reaction score
Has anyone on here installed a Taylor made exhaust? Is it worth the (£1189) price tag. I have the Akrapovic end can fitted from BMW which sounds great but would like feedback if anyones familar with taylormade exhausts?

In my opinion the taylor made tidys up the bike. I should say it's for power increase but how much power does one need considering its got more than I can use at the moment ;)

divingdelboy link=topic=1883.msg17031#msg17031 date=1355132442 said:
In my opinion the taylor made tidys up the bike. I should say it's for power increase but how much power does one need considering its got more than I can use at the moment

The Taylor made looks very nice but costly

I know this might be controversial but...

I very much doubt any of us can use all the power of the standard bike, but everybody seems to want it to produce more ::) for the road its proper mental; it is the fastest accelerating current production bike money can buy.

I know a lot of you boys on here trackday a lot, but I would hazard a guess you don't need more power than 193bhp.... I can understand playing with and upgrading suspension to make it suit your ridding style, but trying to get every ounce of power out of it I dont

It was only back in 2001 when MotoGP bikes made around 200bhp, and none of us are Valentino Rossi.

I Gave up 250cc Gearbox Super Kart racing in 2005 because the costs were getting out of hand my last season was £40K. I had one of the most powerfull engines out there it lived on a dyno trying to find more power. I ended up with Honda CR250 engine that produced 65.6 Bhp I was clocked at Thruxton @ 162mph, but looking back on it now I wasted shit loads of money just for fun.

I have fitted the taylor made to my 2012, looks and sounds amazing.
Have not notice any power increase/decrease but feels a little more responsive at lower rpm.
photo-3.jpg

photo-3.jpg
[/img]

Chorsley, you are right, but have a look at Roonsters bike. Cracking looking exhaust if I say so, albeit you dont see much of it.

Roonster' did you have to do any tuning after fitting the exhaust?

Re Roonsters bike and exhaust - I think i've said this before (or something like it!) ...........effin' lovely that is!

it is the fastest accelerating current production bike money can buy.

Not any more matey the zx14 just took its crown back!

Roonster link=topic=1883.msg17034#msg17034 date=1355144188 said:
I have fitted the taylor made to my 2012, looks and sounds amazing.
Have not notice any power increase/decrease but feels a little more responsive at lower rpm.
photo-3.jpg

photo-3.jpg
[/img]

Having ridden with Roonster many times I can say that the taylormade looks better than any system I've seen on an s1k.
It also sounds amazing!

HI YA
glad these two topics came up together. The reason is, I dont want /need more HP,I do like looks but. My plan and I know some one will shout at me ,is to buy in 2014 when they have finished with the HP4, is to buy one an HP4 and put a Taylor made exhaust on it ,cos that drain pipe they have on it now is just for HP.and nothing else
jack sprat

For what the Taylor costs I doubt it's all made of titanium like the stock hp4 system, so apart from gaining HP the system also saves you 9.9lb in weight. :)

andybarsblade link=topic=1883.msg17063#msg17063 date=1355173711 said:
I dont think theres much in it even with an extra 400cc.

Extra 400cc but then shit loads of extra weight too.

When will people start to get that a full system and custom mapped power commander isn't about extra power gains, its all about how that power is made and delivered is what your paying the extra money for.

Ride a full blown BSB spec bike or even try and get close to one on tick-over being warmed up and you'll hear the difference.

Taylor-made are cheap American shit BTW. Save your cash and buy from a reputable exhaust maker.

I remember reading the S1000RR has a higher top speed and can reach 180mph before the zzr anyway ;D

I fitted a Taylor made to a GSXR 1000 K7 I had.

I got it delivered over from America along with a Power Commander.
When the box arrived I was seriously worried when I picked it up as I thought that they had forgot to put the exhaust in it.
It weighed nothing, I seriously thought the box only had bubblewrap in it.
As for it being cheap crap that's one opinion. Mine is that it was a quality product, very light in weight and it fitted very well. Didn't notice a performance change but it was noisier than stock possibly because the sound was at your "ear" rather than behind you.
I had cause to contact Taylor Made and likewise found them professional and helpful.
I would buy another.

Regards
D

Niven770 link=topic=1883.msg17091#msg17091 date=1355244144 said:
I fitted a Taylor made to a GSXR 1000 K7 I had.

I got it delivered over from America along with a Power Commander.
When the box arrived I was seriously worried when I picked it up as I thought that they had forgot to put the exhaust in it.
It weighed nothing, I seriously thought the box only had bubblewrap in it.
As for it being cheap crap that's one opinion. Mine is that it was a quality product, very light in weight and it fitted very well. Didn't notice a performance change but it was noisier than stock possibly because the sound was at your "ear" rather than behind you.
I had cause to contact Taylor Made and likewise found them professional and helpful.
I would buy another.

Regards
D

Have to agree, it is a well made product and fitted really easy. Ok it's not a titanium with some well known name on it, but like most things you end up paying a premium just because of a name!

I am really happy with it and love the looks and i get lots of compliments when others see it in the flesh.

andybarsblade link=topic=1883.msg17085#msg17085 date=1355226779 said:
I remember reading the S1000RR has a higher top speed and can reach 180mph before the zzr anyway ;D
yep & faster than a busa too. out dragged & top speeded both on the top gear runway in 2011 ;)

I wouldnt touch a taylor made exhaust,the build quality on the various ones ive seen have been quite bad and havent lasted well with british weather,,,,

Back