Man dies taking S1000RR on test ride.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at some of the idiotic comments made at the end of page. Typical fucking daily mail readers. It's an accident, they happen, it's tragic but its a fact of life. Lets just ban everything including stairs because people die every year falling down stairs so logic says lets sue the builders for putting them in. Sorry rant over, my heart goes out to the guys family, but those comments just make my blood boil

The S1000rr is a killer in the wrong hands but so is any powerfull bike or car
quite simply "His ambition outweighed his talent" to steal a Casey Stoner phrase, and ufortunaley for the poor guy it killed him.

At the end of the day the law allows you to ride anything after you pass your test if your are over 21 and done DAS, this age limit rises next year to 24 on JAN 13th 2013.

I only passed my test in September 2010 and now ride the S1000rr but only after more than 12000 miles on a cbr600... but I have seen mates pass their test and buy the most outrageous bikes like a Desmosedici as a first bike; totally bonkers. :eek: :eek:

My first bike *cough* - oops.

But they go as fast as you want them too..... I tell you something though, if I had been allowed to ride this bike when I was 21 there's not a doubt in my mind that I'd be dead.

Nick link=topic=1882.msg17041#msg17041 date=1355154444 said:
My first bike *cough* - oops.

But they go as fast as you want them too....
[size=small]Exactly, this unfortunate incident could have happened on almost any bike. [/size]

At least he died having fun on a great bike, I suppose :s

I have always said to the lads at work i am amazed there are not more deaths as these bikes are beasts. I expect this will change when the used market filters down to those younger who can then afford one. I think if i had one when i was 21 i would also be a memory now.

The S1000RR is a ridiculous road bike. If I were to buy a bike for the road, I'd be buying a Speed Triple/Super Duke of similar.

motorbikes are dangerous and people are always going to push their luck.

Keep the fast riding for the circuits

In my opinion my S1000 with its abs - anti wheelie - and traction control is the safest road bike ive ever had. The speed of the thing makes no difference, it couild have a million horse power - its up to the me if i think its safe to use it.

andybarsblade link=topic=1882.msg17182#msg17182 date=1355479295 said:
In my opinion my S1000 with its abs - anti wheelie - and traction control is the safest road bike ive ever had. The speed of the thing makes no difference, it couild have a million horse power - its up to the me if i think its safe to use it.
100% agree Andy . 100% disagree Hopper. The scariest time I've every had on a road bike was when I was on "L's" riding a DT125LC with F"$king cars and lorries cutting me up as they overtake. Bikes are dangerous FULL STOP statistics prove it but thats a factor we all are aware of when we get on the bike and in many cases its not the speed we are doing but what third parties decide to do! ???

Andybarsblade is absolutley correct.........a stanley knife is dangerous, a grinder is dangerous, a chainsaw is horrendously dangerous....... if used incorrectly.......the operator has the controls........and they can all equally be purchased regardless of training or capability.

Your right mate. It's only goning to go as fast as you make it.

Parley Waller link=topic=1882.msg17185#msg17185 date=1355489719 said:
100% agree Andy . 100% disagree Hopper. The scariest time I've every had on a road bike was when I was on "L's" riding a DT125LC with F"$king cars and lorries cutting me up as they overtake. Bikes are dangerous FULL STOP statistics prove it but thats a factor we all are aware of when we get on the bike and in many cases its not the speed we are doing but what third parties decide to do! ???

In the case of this story, it seems no third party was involved. Could be wrong but we will never know.

I still stand by want I say. In my opinion (if I'm aloud one) is that the S1000RR is pretty silly road bike. Iv ridden mine once on the road when picking up form the dealer and that was enough for me.

:)

Hopper, I disagree with you mate. The only sillly thing is that the unfortunate rider probably hadn't got himslef proprly trained. There is nothing wrong with the S1000RR as a road bike but to be safe you got to know how to properly ride it. That's why I have done 4 sessions with California Superbike and every year look to get professional track training. Note the rider came off round a corner which is a question of skill not the fault of the bike.

To be fair someone could have run him off the road
He could have been a great rider
Speculation amd conjecture fellas
I also Thinky Beemer is far safer than my r1 or Superduke
They were both fucking lethal but fun :)

I think all bikes should be banned! As they are missiles and we all are suicidal nut jobs who are trying to kill ourselves on every ride! ;)

penpals link=topic=1882.msg17190#msg17190 date=1355498629 said:
Hopper, I disagree with you mate. The only sillly thing is that the unfortunate rider probably hadn't got himslef proprly trained. There is nothing wrong with the S1000RR as a road bike but to be safe you got to know how to properly ride it. That's why I have done 4 sessions with California Superbike and every year look to get professional track training. Note the rider came off round a corner which is a question of skill not the fault of the bike.

Most Motorcyle deaths are by middle aged, self employed, sports bike riding guys on I believe to be right hand bends (could be left handers, I can't remember). This guy unfortunately is just another statistic. Could easily be too fast corner entry, mid corner panic, target fixation and then off. I see it all the time.

The S1000RR is built for the track, once again in my opinion, they are too powerful for the roads and ill stand by that. To be fair, I haven't ridden properly on te roads for years, just riding a 125 (in my opinion) is dangerous let alone a bike with near enough 200bhp.

We all have different views on this obviously. The fact of the matter is some poor sod lost his life, riding the same bike most of us on this forum ride.

fatbob link=topic=1882.msg17191#msg17191 date=1355505671 said:
To be fair someone could have run him off the road
He could have been a great rider
Speculation amd conjecture fellas
I also Thinky Beemer is far safer than my r1 or Superduke
They were both fucking lethal but fun :)

I know what you mean about the Super Duke. Extremely hard to ride that bike sensibly...

Back