Improving headlights...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jammyhl link=topic=1868.msg16904#msg16904 date=1354725237 said:
Anyone else find their lights woefully inadequate?
Did you come from an R1?
& yes they are mere candles in jam jars compared my old one! :(

Seem to be a lot of HID kits on ebay, has anyone tried these on the S1000RR?

I put one on my brothers gsxr750 and it was amazing but that had plenty of room to hide the wiring. It would have looked daft on my R1

jammyhl link=topic=1868.msg16917#msg16917 date=1354745323 said:
I really need lights bright enough to scare the bloody deer off my road ...
A couple of shotguns strapped to the side of the sk1 will do the trick ;)

I had a large fallow bounce of the front of the car only two weeks ago. Luckily was braking hard at the time so neither car or deer were badly damaged ... would have been a different case if I'd been on the bike!

I think the headlights on the S1000 are alright - biggest issue is they point straight ahead when you want to turn round a corner, but there isn't much you can do about that without mounting the lights on the handlebars or forks or something...

mit link=topic=1868.msg17132#msg17132 date=1355311777 said:
I think the headlights on the S1000 are alright - biggest issue is they point straight ahead when you want to turn round a corner, but there isn't much you can do about that without mounting the lights on the handlebars or forks or something...
Take out a 2007 R1 and then tell me there alright, they are appalling but then i guess the majority of these will only be used on dry summers days for very few miles. :)

I think you will find most HID conversion kits will fail a UK MOT the best and legal option is better bulbs Halfords do 120% brighter replacement bubls and they on bogof deal currently

Back