Bmw f800r

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon d

Reaction score
Hi has any one on the forum owned an F800r and got any opinions on the bike good and bad. I am looking to get a second bike for sunday rides n poor weather riding/general use. I intend using my s1000 for tracks days only if i can leave it in the garage,it is going to be difficult. :) Not sure what year bike as i dont have any knowledge of this bike but really like the Schnitzer kit available. Any advice muchly appreciated. :)

Hi,I have an F800R which is use for commuting into London everyday, the bike is easy to move, good for either low revs for trickling through traffic or higher rev when on the open road. foot pegs can be a bit slippery in the went so do have to be a bit careful but not sure if the boots I have add to it. Not the most exciting bike compared to the RR :) but it is fun and has plenty of grunt, if you want to know anything else let me know. If you've not ridden one i'de have a test ride at your local bmw dealers

I like the look of the F800R and talking to a mate of mine at the show about it, he just looked at it and said street triple R. ;)

Thanks stingray out of interest mate how tall are you, i am 6'3 so just a little concerned about ride position etc. I will test ride one i just thought i would get an honest appraisal early on in the process. And i know the street triple is a really good bike but i am just not a triumph man. cheers :)

Street Triple is awesome - not being a "Triumph man" means you're missing out on one of the best modern bikes ever made. I found the 800 remarkably underwhelming and boring compared. Can't think of another bike (other than a race Supermoto) that would be more fun on a town commute than the Street.

Back