Rejected and dejected

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIKERFRENZY

Reaction score
Well my bike got delivered today and I sent it back. the tank had a deep scratch about 15 mm long on the tank with other lighter scratches and the laquer was coming off too, the rims were marked where it had had two new tyres fitted(Why would a bike that had done 475 restricted miles need two new tyres?) the chain was tatty and the bike was covered in salt and flies, discoloured cat and that was after a 2 minute look round..pissed off now as I don't trust the source and will probably not get one after all :'(

BUZZ link=topic=1858.msg16778#msg16778 date=1354314407 said:
Was it from a bmw dealer.???
Yes it was reportedly an ex bmw managers bike, they think they can maybe get me a different one but with more miles on it but after seeing that one I wonder if the next time they will just take more care to cover up its faults.
There are quite a few demonstrators available from the dealers with 2-3k miles on but do I want a bike that has spent most of its life being riden hard as people test its performance. I think I might do better if I wait and save some more to buy a new one.

How much did you pay for it?

Maybe you could source a used private sale 2012 bike that you know will have been looked after. Any "ex-management" owned vehicle or ex demonstrator will never be as well looked after as one whose owner actually spent their own coin on it.

It's not a great start to you S1k experience for sure, but don't let it put you off.

Keep you eyes out there have been a few nice examples being dvertised recently and, if you buy private, you may well get it with some nice goodies already attached. Even if you go private, the warranty still sands so you have a degree of piece of mind.

Be patient, it's worth it in the end.

my local dealer (chandlers portslade) has 2 2012 recall bikes with first service miles on for 10k & i know you can haggle more off, theyve also got a HP4 carbon for £19695 :eek: :eek:

Can't decide.. 10k for the allegedly 475 mile 61 plate recall bike in blue with the dealer saying he wil put the problems right with the tank

11.5k for a 7 mile 61 plate recall bike with no heated grips or alarm

11.25k for a red white 2500 mile approved used non recall bike on a 12 plate

or 10.75K for a 3600 mile blue non recall 61 plate

leaning towards the 10k or the 11.25k bikes

Don't spend any more than 10k at any dealers, they buy them for £8500, if you dont get any joy haggling then go elsewhere....simples! ;) ;)

Back