Crash Helmets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickyC

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new helmet as my current Shoei is now a 'bit' old (oops). Since getting the s1k I've noticed the wind noise has increased massively due to the not-very-effective screen, although I always wear foam earplugs which help tons.

Any recommendations on current lids? Ideally price bracket between £300 & £500.

Thanks

I wear a hjc Ben spies rep. About 350 I think and seems to be going strong cant warrant spending the 600 that arai want anymore!

Puig screen and a shoei x spirit 2,if you shop around you can find one in your price range,ill be getting new x sprit 2 up bike show sunday ;)

Get yourself down the bike show if you can, best place to score a bargain. :). Think I got my X-Spirit from a place called HGB, although there were a lot of sellers there, some had sold out as it's a popular lid.

+1 on the X-lite 802 Jorge rep very quiet & comfy and cheap from helmet city, say you're a member of BHB another bike forum & get 10% discount, from Chichester shop ;)

Cheers guys.

Love to go to Motorcycle Live show but bike's in for it's first service on Saturday and then i'll be getting an eyefull of Polly at the Gadget Show Live in London on Sunday :p lol.

8)

shoei.jpg

I like to hear what the revs are saying to me as i mever look at the speedo ;)

I used to sell Helmets at a Dainese pro shop a few years back. Iv been on all the courses etc.

My advise to you is to buy the one that fits best. Don't get caught up with brand image.

BUZZ link=topic=1839.msg16883#msg16883 date=1354633538 said:
I like to hear what the revs are saying to me as i mever look at the speedo ;)
Ear plugs don't drown all the sound,you'll still hear the revs ;)

Back