Intermittent Indicator problem

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

UrbanRacer

Having a spot of bother with the controls on the bars and i'm not sure what is causing it. at first i thought it was water but now i'm starting to think its something else, not only that but the problem is present with the mode selector.

Basically the indicators fail to cancel, no matter what i do i can't get the indicators to cancel. They will cancel on there own but i must look like one of tools you see on the road that forgets to turn off there indicators, also its rather dangerous if i'm approaching junctions.
As the title says, this is an intermittent problem. sometimes i can cancel them other times i can't.

I have also had a problem with the Mode selector, can't change modes. this too is an intermittent problem.

I've opened the left side up but its a sealed unit behind the cover.
I have 4 months to figure this out on my own before the bike will be out of hibernation and back at the dealers.

Any ideas?

New switchgear required, tis a common problem (had it myself). :)

I had the indicator switch problem exactly as you describe, called the dealer new one fitted under warranty although the dealer told me its not a common fault......

;)

ok, thanks. i'll be giving the dealer a heads up tomorrow about this. hopefully get my tank done at the same time.

Had a 1200 GS Adventure the other weekend from my local dealer. Had exactly the same switch gear problem.

Had both sides of switchgear relaced, they said indicators common but hadn't had one in for starter button before at Astle in Laceby Nth Lincs

All done today under warranty. Lovely.

sorry buddy, didn't see the thread being bumped.
Yes it affected the high beam switch too, i also had the problem on the right controls too and couldn't change modes which was mildly annoying when i was in rain mode and had a Ferrari to noise up on the mway.

Same problem with my headlight flash and also the horn not working.

The switchgear really is terrible. Had it replaced twice on my 2010 and getting it done on my 2012.

Switchgear failed on mine now..... annoying but sweetened by the fact warranty runs out tomorrow.

Problem is after dropping the bike into BMW that they can't get hold of them at the minute - could be a long wait......

I'll see what they say then look at insurance or if BMW will loan me a bike if it's gonna take too long.

Grrrr.

Back