A tail of woe My ride on Sunday

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chorsley

Reaction score
Went out for a pleasant ride on Sunday with a couple of mate's first time out in new one piece leathers so I but everything I would normally have in my jacket pockets under the rear seat cowl including my house keys.

Everything was going well till mw stopped for a coffee at loomies in the afternoon about 14:30. and I noticed my keys were missing, they had jumped over the electrics and gone down into the battery box (luckily not shorting the battery)

Now here's the problem if I ride home to get at my torx 25 to take the seat off, it's in garage and my keys are somewhere in the bike and its beginning to rain.

So I had to ride to one of my mates house 30 mins in the wrong direction to get the seat off.

The time is now 15:30 it raining hard and I have to ride home from Southampton to Basingstoke in the heavy rain in the dark and to make things worse I had a black visor on my helmet.

I not quite sure how I got home I think I must have used the force to find my way, used the back roads to keeps out of the spary of the motorway got home about 16:20 pitch black raining hard and my visor is somewhat Illegal even in daylight.

Moral of the story is don’t put keys under seat cowl (doughnut that I am :-[ ) and don't ride with a dark visor without taking a clear one as well on because you never know what might happen to delay you getting home. ::)

to top it all off the bike is filthy so are my new leathers there going to be lots of cleaning to do. :'(

Sorry but i just pmsl.........Exact same thing happened to me, iput all my stuff in tescos bag after that (flapped on the bars a bit though ;))

Always ride with a "bum bag". Looks sad as fuck but no tales of woe!!!!

MOz link=topic=1834.msg16560#msg16560 date=1353952980 said:
There's nowt sad about a dry mobile, a puncture kit and a wallet for fuel!
I have to as the Pcv & tool kit takes up all the room ;)

I realise i'm coming into this thread a little late Bananman...........but that tesco bag flapping on the bars is brilliant ;D :p

I use my mx bum bag for odd and sods or a small material bag with pull string on it that i use to keep my mx googles in ;)

I mind dropping my GSXR key down the headstock and it some how managed to end up inside the fairing next to the header pipes, to top it off I had just got off the bike after a lengthy ride so the pipes were cooking. A few "AHHH's" later and I decided to leave it an hour lol

MOz link=topic=1834.msg16560#msg16560 date=1353952980 said:

I used to until it left me somewhere on a trip. I thought the belt clip was getting a bit sloppy, guess it let go. Cards, phone, cash, ciggies, never again, leathers now have inner pockets and no gay looks ::)

sliderbill link=topic=1834.msg16578#msg16578 date=1353962742 said:
I realise i'm coming into this thread a little late Bananman...........but that tesco bag flapping on the bars is brilliant ;D :p
Reminds me of the 1st time i went away with a group, got to the isle of man and went straight to the supermarket for provisions. Came out and was given a share to carry, togged back up, fired the bike up then wondered how the fk i was gonna carry it on the bike? Looked at the others and they were carrying the bag in their teeth under the helmet. Was a funny sight with us 8bikers going down the road (slowly) and then trying not to laugh and drop my bag ;D ;D ;D

bananaman link=topic=1834.msg16901#msg16901 date=1354706829 said:
Reminds me of the 1st time i went away with a group, got to the isle of man and went straight to the supermarket for provisions. Came out and was given a share to carry, togged back up, fired the bike up then wondered how the fk i was gonna carry it on the bike? Looked at the others and they were carrying the bag in their teeth under the helmet. Was a funny sight with us 8bikers going down the road (slowly) and then trying not to laugh and drop my bag ;D ;D ;D

Feed your chin strap through the carrier bag handles next time ;)

Shft_Ctrl link=topic=1834.msg16902#msg16902 date=1354720280 said:
bananaman link=topic=1834.msg16901#msg16901 date=1354706829 said:

Feed your chin strap through the carrier bag handles next time ;)

Why didnt i think of that? would certainly save my teeth carrying 3 crates of beer :eek:

Back