S1000RR Project

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopper

Reaction score
Hi guys

So Iv spent the summer instructing for Easy Track on the S1000. I basically bought the bike on a Tursday, it was broken down and was used as my Instructor bike the following Monday. The bike was put together with part I could get my hands on quickly. Alhough it was a quick build, no compromise was taken in the quality of parts fitted.

Anyway, it's now winter and the bike is in bits again. Iv now got time to build the bike to the spec I want, ather than what I need.

Parts fitted so far are

Full Ti exhaust system with carbon Termignoni end can
PCV
BMC air filter
Alpha rear sets
Alpha resistor kit
Alpha carbon swing arm covers
Alpha race fairngs
Ohlins 30mm cart kit
Ohlins rear shock
GB engine covers
R&G fork sliders
R&G swing arm sliders

Still waiting on a few bits to come through the post. Ill keep you updated with the progress over the next few weeks/months. Not in any rich to get it done, however I want it finished by Feb.

Keep us posted, be interested to see how it ends up. What else are you planning for it?

dfc6cc581ce81c2fe353c144bdbe49bd.jpg

Nothing much to see at the moment if I'm honest.

It now looks like ill be taking part in the No Limits Endurance Series Next year with a few mates, so Iv for to prep the bike ready for a bit of racing. This will include lock wiring various bolts, fitting a shark fin etc. ill put more pics up once Iv done something ;-)

Hopper link=topic=1820.msg16415#msg16415 date=1353692686 said:
dfc6cc581ce81c2fe353c144bdbe49bd.jpg

Nothing much to see at the moment if I'm honest.

It now looks like ill be taking part in the No Limits Endurance Series Next year with a few mates, so Iv for to prep the bike ready for a bit of racing. This will include lock wiring various bolts, fitting a shark fin etc. ill put more pics up once Iv done something ;-)
nude pics yummy!

sliderbill link=topic=1820.msg16414#msg16414 date=1353692577 said:
Hi Hopper - can I ask what the resistor kit is for?

Ta

Resistor Kit is for pluging in to the loom where the lights were once fitted. This stops fault lights being flashed up on the dash :)

fatbob link=topic=1820.msg16428#msg16428 date=1353709413 said:
is that an arrow system fella , and did that can fit straight on ?
thx

Yep, it's an Arrow system. The can inlet is 62mm (I think, I can't remember). The can is exactly the same inlet as the standard one

Man with taste ,harris racing paddock stands lol

How does that end can sound.?? You stared it yet.???

Harris stands are the best ;)

Iv been using the exhaust system with the can for half the year already. Makes good power (201 RWHP with BMC Race Filter and PCV). Without a baffle she blows between 102.5db and 106db. All depends on who is doing the test though.

The can will do me until I have an off. if it gets damaged, ill probably get another Arrow or something. I like the Akro cans but not as much as the Arrows.

Parts update...

Was watching a billet filler cap on eBay. Set my phone alarm to go off when the auction was nearing the end. Set the alarm for the wrong day and missed the end of the auction...

Got in contact with the guy selling the cap. He's let me have it for £34 inc postage. It's brand new and never fitted... Should have it Tuesday

Hi hopper, i've just bought 2011 model and do track days only, do you use race patten, I would like to? I'm a bit confused which way to go? ive already got a hm quickshifter so could buy new harness and rods or stick with orignial setup and buy Hp lever kit. I hope this makes sense! P.S im in G/ford You?

Hi mate. Iv run race shift for a good few years. I couldn't go back to road shift now. My Advise is give it a go and see how you get on. Once you get used to it, you'll wonder why you haven't used it before.

I'm in Horley, not too far from you

:)

Parts update.

Got my wet wheels sorted. Picking them up TMW evening. Got the 17in wheels over the 16.5's (a mate had a couple of sets of both for sale).

Happy days

sorry hopper I normally use race patten, but it seems to be a bit of a ball ache to change from normal to race on the new bike

Ahh I see, sorry. I'm guessing the HP (Gilles) part you'll need will cost mega money. You can probably pick up a whole new set of race rear sets that run race shift for the price of the HP part

Back