Constand frame lift

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus81

Reaction score
Just ordered a constand frame lift to make fiddling with the bike a bit easier, has any body got any experience with them. I've got sick of tying the bike to the garage roof every time I want to make an adjustment to the suspension

I have one, great piece of kit.
I did however have to spend a decent amount of time setting up the adaptor plate to mate up to the bike. Worth the effort though.

When it arrives make sure you have all the parts, especially the cut down washer that fits in the RHS of the frame.
Mine was missing, although a replacement was quickly dispatched.

And one final thing, its not as straight forward to remove as the video on the site makes out ( but that could just be me being over cautious).
I tend to lower the bike to the ground, and then sit on the saddle before removing the stand for fear of dropping the bike ( it almost happened once, that was enough)

p-trax link=topic=1815.msg16267#msg16267 date=1353396031 said:
I have one, great piece of kit.
I did however have to spend a decent amount of time setting up the adaptor plate to mate up to the bike. Worth the effort though.

When it arrives make sure you have all the parts, especially the cut down washer that fits in the RHS of the frame.
Mine was missing, although a replacement was quickly dispatched.

And one final thing, its not as straight forward to remove as the video on the site makes out ( but that could just be me being over cautious).
I tend to lower the bike to the ground, and then sit on the saddle before removing the stand for fear of dropping the bike ( it almost happened once, that was enough)

Phew, heart stopping moment me thinks.... :'(

^^^^ finitely was. It was the second or third time I used the stand. I now use it all the time (keep telling myself the bike is away for the winter, then as soon as the mysterious yellow ball appears in the sky I whip it out again :) )
But even now I'm used to the stand, I'm not prepared to risk a stupid mistake

I shall be prepared for fiddling and be extra careful with it.

A couple of weeks ago i had the back end apart changing swing arm pivots with the sub frame hanging off the garage roof, brushed past the bike and knocked the bars, as i did that the bars turned and the bike tipped very quickly towards some shelves in the garage, fortunately i was quicker and able to get myself between them before any damage was done, hence why i need a change of strategy, i was going to get one a while ago but noticed they're down to £140 from bs motoparts from about £240 last time i looked.

Hi, Ive just paid £230 for mine :mad:
Upside is I love it!
Brilliant and stable to work on complete bike.
As stated above tho^^^^ I sit on bike when removing and you have to wiggle it a bit to get it removed.
When you get used to it this its a breeze :)

I've got the Bursig lift and its very similiar to the Constand (but costs more :() Its a great bit of kit and I have no problem removing it from the bike , have never had an issue and its as easy as the video on You Tube makes it look!
Its great for moving the bike round in the garage and cleaning/removing wheels , oiling chain etc etc.

Ditto, I have the one from Busters, works great and easy to locate/remove with one hand while holding the bike up with the other. :)

Back