Rear sprocket carrier

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hyall, had rear wheel out today, put it back in and torqued up etc and when giving it the once over found the sprocket carrier loose? Think i need some new cush rubbers cos of slack but this play is from side to side like you would check a wheel bearing, enough to be concerned.....Any ideas? Large spacer on the left, wheel has no slack. Is it just rubbers?

Thanks.

They are slack cos of the amount of power they have to take I've been assured by two main dealers that its supposed to be this way.
I've put some white grease in mine , seems to have taken out a lot of the slop! So long as youre Cush drive is ok & not worn try the same. :)

I raised the same issue with the dealer and they said thats how they are, basically it's a design flaw. Go up to your bike with the wheel on and grab the sprocket and twist it back and forward and it moves. This is the first bike i have had that does this however i can't see any negative affects .

Thanks guys, amount of times ive had the wheel in and out just never noticed it before. Can understand the play clock/anticlockwise with the cushdrives but not in and out, thought the bearing would've kept it in line, must contribute to chain wear, snatchiness etc?

Back