TC in race mode

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRS463

Reaction score
On way home this afternoon gave it a bit of stick and as soon as front wheel started to lift tc came in, is this correct?

Sadly yes.

It's the worst part about the bike. The anti-wheelie / traction control is utter shit and just does not allow that sort of behaviour. It's almost as annoying in slick mode.

Shame BMW can't quite match the brilliance that is Kwak's TC or Aprilia's APRC.

MOz link=topic=1809.msg16220#msg16220 date=1353270392 said:
Sadly yes.

It's the worst part about the bike. The anti-wheelie / traction control is utter shit and just does not allow that sort of behaviour. It's almost as annoying in slick mode.

Shame BMW can't quite match the brilliance that is Kwak's TC or Aprilia's APRC.
huh? Makes no sense,that's the whole point of TC,turn it off and you can wheelie all you like. If the Kwak's and Aprillia's was so good,maybe you should of opted for one of those machines?

No need. Have owned one and ridden the other extensively. They both allow mono-wheeled stupidity without turning the TC right off. The Beemer is awesome, don't get me wrong. It's just miles away from being the best electronics package out there. I've dealt with it.

Is the anti wheelie linked to the TC or the ABS??? This has always confused me. I tried turning the TC off on my initial test ride and the bike still nose planted the front wheel the moment it came off the ground.

Is this right??

There is a bit of confusion around the S1000RR and Anti-Wheelie, It doesn't have Anti-Wheelie. Its a side effect of the way the TC works on the bike.
Front wheel lifts, Front wheel speed deceases, whilst the rear wheel must accelerate to maintain the wheelie or gain height, The TC can't tell if your wheel spinning or not so it does what it programmed to do and cuts the power to try and match wheel speeds again.

ABS only operates when the brakes have been applied.

Turning off the TC will allow you to wheelie. Just make sure you are turning off the TC. The warning lights for ABS and TC are right next to each other :p

That 5 second thing is a myth,my 2010 bike would wheelie just like my k7 thou.??? I wheelie it for longer than 5 seconds.

BUZZ link=topic=1809.msg16352#msg16352 date=1353606306 said:
That 5 second thing is a myth,my 2010 bike would wheelie just like my k7 thou.??? I wheelie it for longer than 5 seconds.
In Slick Mode you won't be able to wheelie for more than 5 seconds,you may think its longer but it isn't ;,)

Hi folks, long time no type!
But, re the TC and wheelying.....when powering on and front wants to lift has anyone else experienced a complete power cut and shut off?

This has happened to me a couple of times.

Cheers....keep up the good work!

sliderbill link=topic=1809.msg16366#msg16366 date=1353616805 said:
Hi folks, long time no type!
But, re the TC and wheelying.....when powering on and front wants to lift has anyone else experienced a complete power cut and shut off?

This has happened to me a couple of times.

Cheers....keep up the good work!
What mode,think it done it once in SPORT,I lost all power and thought wtf! But that was the one and only time.

Hi - thanks - not entirely sure about mode - I usually leave it in race - unless absolutely bouncing with rain (which could be quite often up here in Cumbria mind you!?)

It has probably happened 2 / 3 times - switched it to slick and tried it again but couldn't make it repeat.but then again I wasn't trying to make it happen before either - it seemed to just do it??

sliderbill link=topic=1809.msg16371#msg16371 date=1353617677 said:
Hi - thanks - not entirely sure about mode - I usually leave it in race - unless absolutely bouncing with rain (which could be quite often up here in Cumbria mind you!?)

It has probably happened 2 / 3 times - switched it to slick and tried it again but couldn't make it repeat.but then again I wasn't trying to make it happen before either - it seemed to just do it??
I mostly run in Race or Slick,but when I first got motorcycle I gave it the beans in Sport and the lights flashed up and it cut power big time lol never had this as bad in the other modes.

I won't get a chance to try it again until March'ish - 'cos its all buttoned up for the winter - will be riding the VFR over winter when I want a day out - I'm too old now to do it full time :( Its the car for everyday until the weak winter sun comes out.

sliderbill link=topic=1809.msg16374#msg16374 date=1353618220 said:
I won't get a chance to try it again until March'ish - 'cos its all buttoned up for the winter - will be riding the VFR over winter when I want a day out - I'm too old now to do it full time :( Its the car for everyday until the weak winter sun comes out.
Same as me! I don't ride in the winter months ever! Bike will Come out March April. My bones are fucked now from years of winter riding lol

Yep - almost the same for me. I get out on the VFR if the weather is just right - but its not very often - just reading the other thread there and FR436 is saying he was out in the snow ruts day after xmas - its been 20yrs since I did that! I'm stiffening up at thevery thought of it! (not stiffenin' up like that :p stiffenin' up with fear!!) ;D

sliderbill link=topic=1809.msg16379#msg16379 date=1353618748 said:
Yep - almost the same for me. I get out on the VFR if the weather is just right - but its not very often - just reading the other thread there and FR436 is saying he was out in the snow ruts day after xmas - its been 20yrs since I did that! I'm stiffening up at thevery thought of it! (not stiffenin' up like that :p stiffenin' up with fear!!) ;D
Since I was 16 and now I'm 40, I always rode all year round. But my Knees are shot lol I can't see the fun it anymore and I wouldn't last 5 minutes now! I love the heat,old age I guess :(

Latest posts

Back