coding plug

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack sprat

Reaction score
HI YA ,
will put my coding plug in this forthcomming year . I have had a good time in sports mode but hope to do more track days this year. Three questions if you dont mind, first I have two plugs one red(.7.5.) one pink (.4.) which ? .
My second question is there anything I should whatch out for. I think in the present modes Sport /Rain depending on the weather I depend on the
ABS/DCT quite a lot , I understand these are lost or markedly reduced in slick mode.
Thirdly I understand the K3s are considdered road legal slicks are they good enough for slick mode .
manny thanks Jack sprat

The red plug is the Slick Mode enabler.
If you depend on DTC and ABS as you say then don't bother with Slick mode, With Slick mode enabled the riding aids are cut back considerably. You should probably try Race mode first, I'm not saying don't try Slick mode but just be aware of what I said.
As for tyres the S1000RR will easily overwhelm the K3's in slick mode.

If you are talking about the two "plugs" in the toolkit they are spare fuses.

The plug you are looking for is a lot bigger and should have came with the spare keys and bike documentation. It fits in a socket under the riders seat.

Allan

Thanks for replys ,
sorry I am in race mode not sport . I thought the two plugs were fuses and no I did not get a red plug with keys /docs. ( I will contact the dealer. ) Although not sure I want to use it if its too much for the K3s might try it once twice . I use the bike on road and track so need a tyre that can do both . so is there a tyre that can do all three road /track /slick
jack sprat

jack sprat link=topic=1807.msg16225#msg16225 date=1353272100 said:
Thanks for replys ,
sorry I am in race mode not sport . I thought the two plugs were fuses and no I did not get a red plug with keys /docs. ( I will contact the dealer. ) Although not sure I want to use it if its too much for the K3s might try it once twice . I use the bike on road and track so need a tyre that can do both . so is there a tyre that can do all three road /track /slick
jack sprat
you should of got the red slick plug if you got bike from new?

As you need the tyres for road and track-stick with K3,s.They will cope with slick mode ok,unless the track temp is really hot.

British Superstock use K2,s-same construction but softer compound.You can use them on the road but they take longer to warm up.

Back