winter heater

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack sprat

Reaction score
Hi ya
I was going to buy a old parafin/green house heater to keep the winter chill out of the garage and off my S1000rr. Recently in MCN mag. a writer said that heat in the garage was not a good idea as it would cause condensation on the cold metal of the bike .
Any thoughts sugestions . Many thanks jack sprat .

Someone more anal than me puts a tubular heater under his bike and then puts an indoor cover over the bike. Must work because his machines are better than mint.

I would not put a heater in the garage unless I could keep it going 24hrs a day. I have always kept my garage slightly aired and never had a bike suffer during the winter.

if your going to heat the garage i reckon dry heat would be better like an electric rad but its really a waste of dosh imo..

I think a parafin heater will cause condensation, i used a space warmer gas heater and that used to leave condensation.
I then switched to an oil filled radiator, not as hot but did not cause condensation.

Ive now purchased a log burner and flue to keep it warm, not only because of the bike but if i have to work on the track bike then i cant stand to be freezing.

I think the condensation starts if you let it get really cold then heat it up, if you keep a moderate temp then you don't get the moisture

ekdg link=topic=1805.msg16151#msg16151 date=1353096909 said:
Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1805.msg16150#msg16150 date=1353096439 said:
Keep it indoors. ;D

Hmm put the wife in the garage bike in the house good idea
once it's in what can she do? Lol
Look at my baby sleeping for the winter!

d9ea27c087a3b9aa338ac6efcbf416bb.jpg

Im investing in some eletric tube heaters on a timer in my garage as i got a 64 vw beach buggy and a few other toys in there to keep my s1krr company,heater is good for keeping inside of garage dry as single skin garages get soaked through on the walls,i built my garage double skinned so its dry what ever the wrather

Back