Hello from Cheshire

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toffeeboy

Reaction score
Hi

Thought I'd sign up and say hello, I'm currently not an owner but am thinking of getting my leg over one so to speak, not sure whether to buy a pre reg or go down the used route as there appear to be some bargains about but after lurking for a while and worried about the engine/box issus

Any advice welcome and if anyone knows of a dealer sitting on pre regs or a used November bargain, feel free to jump in

Thanks

Welcome to the forum buddy, I think someone on here is selling a red/white 2012 model - may be worth taking a look at that.

Cheers

Welcome on board, hope you find a good un, there is plenty of nearly new bikes out there. Cannons have 3 pre reg bikes http://www.cannon-bmw.co.uk/approved-used-bikes/vehicle-details.html?dolnDealerID=10069&currentCh=ZKHA700B1CV000790

Or try this one, 233 miles 2012 £9.5k main dealer, Cooper BMW in Kent BMW S 1000 RR SPORT
Price: £9,595 Date of registration: June 2012
Mileage: 233 Registration: GF12ODS
Colour: Racing Red/Alpine White Dealer: Cooper Tunbridge Wells
Factory options: Heated handlebar grips Telephone: 01892 628134

Thanks Phil, will have a look at those you've suggested.

Are there any issues when buying a pre-reg, are these the bikes that had the problems?

Thanks

toffeeboy link=topic=1691.msg16011#msg16011 date=1353015210 said:
Are there any issues when buying a pre-reg, are these the bikes that had the problems?
The only issue (and its not really an issue) with buying a pre reg bike is that the Warranty starts from the date of registration..

I would call the dealer and ask them direct if any of their bikes on sale have had the Engine re-call work done... I think you might be able to get a list of Frame numbers from BMW of the affected bikes (?)

Back