Back in the Saddle - nearly!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Fiasco

Having had a couple of years without a bike I put a deposit down on a 2nd hand 2012 BMW S1000RR today. Very excited, wanted to say thanks to everybody on the forum for all the helpful advice and tips. It helped me make my decision to get the S1000RR. My previous bike was an SP2 and I was waivering on going for a V twin again but you guys have convinced me.

Have to say a bit nervous about the S1000RR with that power but will treat it with respect.

One question i did have was exhausts. Having had a Vtwin I was slightly under whelmed by the sound of the standard can on the S1000RR. Reading the forums it looks like a lot of you guys have fitted after market cans. I will be honest i am not looking for performance increase just the vanity/self indulgence of a louder bike (at least I am honest). What do you guys recommend - and is it true if i go for something other than Akro or Arrow the warranty is void.

Your bike is your personal stamp, I've never heard of that but what's the worst that's gonna happen if it needs to go back in for summit and your worried just swap the old one back on

told me the same if it wasn't fitted by BMW , that is also what the extended warranty says , not sure how much water that would hold in a court though...Id argue the fucker..
I am insured with BMW ( Having a right fucking laugh at the moment with my wheels!!!!)
anyway one time i had the bike serviced , and the day after BMW insurance rang me to ask about my exhaust system....WTF?
anyway mods make them nervous i suppose , and a beemer system is a fucking fortune.

Surely someone , could put it back to standard and take it back if there was a problem, hyperthetically

Thanks for the advice.

So full race system or just change the end can. I want noise not good enough to appreciate the improved performance...

Back