Aftermarket Wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul1098

Reaction score
Hi

Wondered where the best / cheapest place to buy preferably PVM or OZ forged wheels was?
Still need to buy the bike but though I'd start buying the bling.

BST are the lightest, they are also the most expensive and more prone to damage.

Funnily enough i have a set of OZ Racing wheels for sale with tyres and sprocket, have a look in the forsale section. if your interested let me know as i'll be able to sell you them cheaper than what they are listed on eBay, no eBay fee's

Ditto, scrapping a wheel if it gets damaged puts me off the BST's, too much to lose. Probably go for forged alloy as I quite fancy some of those new MFR's. :)

two pairs of oz wheels finishing on ebay soon complete with discs.
Not mine but could put you in touch with seller.

Not easy to repair though after a crash or to know if they're damaged. Would love the BST's TBH but can't justify replacement costs.

pgm link=topic=1688.msg15954#msg15954 date=1352905797 said:
Noticed those but didn't want to bid individually plus in another thread it was mentioned that new wheels can be picked up for £1400. I just need to find those cheap deals but not in a massive hurry.

paul1098 link=topic=1688.msg15970#msg15970 date=1352930698 said:
pgm link=topic=1688.msg15954#msg15954 date=1352905797 said:
Noticed those but didn't want to bid individually plus in another thread it was mentioned that new wheels can be picked up for £1400. I just need to find those cheap deals but not in a massive hurry.
They come with discs and sprocket carriers hpk brembo on one set which is a few hundred more, but if your looking for them as road wheels you could sell the discs to re coup a bit?

Noticed 1 set were sold. Saw that they had HPK discs. Seriously debating about the one that's left to be used with an OEM rear for wet use. Would still need to buy another set of wheels though.

bike bits r us hereford....give paul a call,hes just listed them new on motoforum for a good price.

I wanted to bid on the stm slipper clutch as that was a bargain at four hundred quid from the same seller

Would you notice the upgrade though, as the bmw has a slipper as standard?

paul1098 link=topic=1688.msg16281#msg16281 date=1353415855 said:
fatbob link=topic=1688.msg16131#msg16131 date=1353073469 said:
What's cheap ?
Would imagine something around 1/2 price so £750 - £800?

hehe you'll get one wheel for that lol certainly not a pair

I suppose everyone's opinion is different that would make your bike worth 4k with that maths
Wouldn't offer you that though , it would be daft

OK if I was being realistic I'd be looking to pay £1000 based on fact I can get new Dymags for £200 more & PVM for not much more than that.

Ducky link=topic=1688.msg16178#msg16178 date=1353167055 said:
Would you notice the upgrade though, as the bmw has a slipper as standard?

I would imagine the stm is alot better imo

Back