power commander

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrissig32

Reaction score
HI GUYS

Winter is coming soon so decided to upgrade my bike a little bit :):). Has anyone used power commander V on their bikes, any differences. At the moment bike runs on standard mapping (rain, sport, race, slick). I`ve changed exhaust for AKRA slip on and planning to get K&N filter. I just don`t want to waste money on something that won`t make any difference. What about mapping where do you get maps from etc
Thanks

If you've still got the cat there really isn't much point in getting one yet as your air/fuel mixture wouldn't alter that much.

Yep hes correct,get a cat bypass pipe the add the pcv and a k&n racing filter... ;)

As others have said, save your money for now until (if you do) you get a full system. :)

mine made another 4 hp and did make a difference with stock exhaust, stick with the stock air filter as its no worse than aftermarket.

pgm link=topic=1687.msg15953#msg15953 date=1352905627 said:
mine made another 4 hp and did make a difference with stock exhaust, stick with the stock air filter as its no worse than aftermarket.

+1.Air Filters are a waste of money(unless you do so many miles to repeatedly clog up the standard one)

You will gain a bit more with a pcv because it will optimize the fuelling rather than manufacturers having to comply with emissions regs.Although it should really be mapped on a dyno.
Bigger gains will be made with a decat as well though.

bananaman link=topic=1687.msg15966#msg15966 date=1352921939 said:
chrissig32 link=topic=1687.msg15964#msg15964 date=1352920967 said:
many thanks :):):). I will spend money on track days :):):):)

Money well spent although better spent on instruction unless you that good ;D ;D

Come to an Easy Track Day. Ill instruct you for free ;-)

Back