Standing start

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuartH

Reaction score
I am definitely not the fastest of riders, I have my moments ;) but generally tend to bimble, so anyway down to the point...
What are your tips for a standing start, I tend to use race mode, the "change up light" tends to activate around 7K, but for the fastest time up to say 70 or 100mph, what rpm are you moving up to second gear etc

looking to improve my skills, so any tips appreciated, plus how would this change in slick mode?

Cheers

I was told by the guy in the dealership that if I hold the revs at the point where the shift light is on and just dump the clutch the TC will act as a launch control, obviously TC needs to be on and in race mode. I don't have the bottle to try it.
I usually just granny start it, get moving and get the clutch fully disengaged as quickly as possible then wind on the throttle, I don't use the QS from 1st>2nd but the rest I do.

put your slick chip in.....all sorted :)
it fucks around on launch without that I found ( i could be crap )

Its so hard to keep the bike at the correct rpms and pull of clean is very hard,just pull off around 5-6k and drag out the clutch then pin it to redline every gear ;)

BUZZ link=topic=1676.msg15837#msg15837 date=1352651341 said:
Its so hard to keep the bike at the correct rpms and pull of clean is very hard,just pull off around 5-6k and drag out the clutch then pin it to redline every gear ;)
I to haven't had the bottle to just dump the clutch, I feed it in from 7k then do as buzz says & redline it all the gears ....simples ;)

Cheers folks,

I was curious how to get the best start taking account all the electronics on board etc.
The warning that the bike can flip over in slick mode is sobering.... :(

Thanks for all the responses, appreciated, time to get out and practice out of sight of the constabulary ;)

Back