GT 85 mixed with engine oil

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie

Reaction score
Hi All

A mate of mine who i trust suggested this to me, but am a little apprensive on this occassion.

With winter coming he mixed one third GT 85 with two thirds new engine oil and used a small brush to paint his chain. left it over night then wiped it off with a clean rag. Protecting the bike from drips. I have to say the chain was gleaming and the back wheel when up on the paddock stand spun very freely.

He's adamant that not only is great lub but better protection throughout winter too. I'm not sure about GT 85 on the chain though, even diluted with oil,,any thoughts

Gt85 is a good oil for protecting your bike when its not in use,but its not a chain lube for riding,i use top quality sticky chain lube,as long as chain has a good coating it will be fine for storage purposes and riding purposes...for storage i use acf50 gt 85 and a high quality sulicone spray,after storage i give bike a good clean then use gt 85 daily on it as dirt wont stick to it just like silicone sprays

I also use acf50 but with a brush , it's a balls ache straight from the can and makes a mess ( someone on here gave me that tip)

Always use dry chain lube and use it more frequently in the winter

I said use the wife's tooth brush ;D

As long as the stuff going on the chain doesn't eat the o rings you can use anything. For me its ACF50 like Bob on the side plates and gear oil over the rollers.

Back