Austin Racing GP2R, rapidbike race and quickshifter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus81

Reaction score
Took the bike down to the guys at Austin Racing yesterday, had a full GP2R system fitted, rapidbike race module and quickshifter.

The system looks and sounds great, louder all through the revs but not unbearable at high rpm, people will hear you coming now! The engine feels pokier throughout and the front was a lot lighter in 4th than before but couldnt try it out how i wanted as it was a bit damp this morning but will advise after a few more miles.

The quickshifter is a massive improvement over stock, just a gentle tap now and the gear change is so much slicker than before and without the hesitation and delay with the cut out the stock one gives.

Overall very impressed with all of it.

GP2R005.jpg

GP2R004.jpg

GP2R001.jpg

im running the gp2r in carbon with the 80mm link pipe and the inconel 4 branch,and it sounds stunning..!!! that rapidbike module it runs all 8 injectors,have you gained bhp and torque over a pcv..????? the 190 bhp is around a average bhp figure with a bike with full system and race filter with a pcv or bazzaz..???? whats the benefits of it over over brands...cheers

If you run the rapid bike evo you get 8 injectors, auto tune and quick shifter control (need the sensor at £250) for little more than a power commander.

I have the race module (620) which gives you ignition and engine braking too, half was an experiment to see what could be gained and half was because with a rapidbike if you change your bike you only need a harness to fit it to the new bike as opposed to power commander which is module specific. Some bikes benefit massively from the ignition timing so thought I'd add it in as its mine to keep.

The boys at Austin Racing are going to rapidbike in Italy next week and have a few questions to ask, there may be more to be gained with further mapping but at the minute it is very safe.

Have you blocked the pair valve? Might have to because the popping on the overrun when the pair activates at 4k is more like gunshots than anything else!

Not getting any popping but will most probably run some smog plates and dump everything thats not needed,then run a fuel module for the rest of the injectors.???

Looks awesome bet that sounds very loud 8) what rear sets have you got on your bike?

It's not as loud as it looks but it's loud enough. I also picked up a v3 titanium can which sounded a bit softer but I won't get a chance to road test till the weekend, couldn't decide on which can so had both.

The rear sets are attack performance, you can change the shift pattern to race on the rear set by swapping the linkage over

I got the V3 end can for the GP2 system rather than the GP3, prefer to see something up the side of the bikes

Got a couple of image captures of the popping back last night

B2242054-1F31-4EBB-8E03-27371EA0FF4E-1680-0000027DA01B8FCE.jpg

A4C43346-44AA-4345-B299-579DC92FA499-1680-0000027D9E3DD2D4.jpg

Back